• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Whitefeather Mfg. 1930s car coat

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by hollows, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ton312

ton312 Call Me a Cab

Wow these guys make some really nice stuff....I love the jeep coat!

2. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic A-List Customer

Odd. They/he seems to be posting on Facebook/Instagram regularly. Maybe worth trying a facebook message in case they've got email issues?

3. Pdawg

Pdawg One of the Regulars

I got a hold of him via FB.

4. And what's happening, @Pdawg. Is he still making jackets? Answering emails?

The temperamental artist?

5. Someone not wanting to take just short of a grand for a jacket does seem odd.

6. InspirationLA looks wild.

photo2u likes this.
  7. Pdawg

Looks like he is still around, and said he had trouble with email. And said would get started on mine next week.

8. Also got hold of him through FB. What dimensions did you send over, @Pdawg?

Vienna possibly a bit far to go for a fitting, although it is a pleasant city.

9. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

Who on earth thought of that trade name? A 'White feather' used to be the mark of cowardice (The Four Feathers, a novel by A.E.W Mason)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  10. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie One of the Regulars

AB Fits has the Whitefeather canvas and denim 1880 jackets on sale for $185.

handymike likes this.
  11. Pdawg

i will do a 21" p2p, 17.5" shoulders, slimmer sleeves, 27.5" back length and tapered to the waist and back out to 21" bottom hem.

I have 20.5" p2p/20.5" bottom hem car coats, so this time i want something with a little more room. It should still fit fine. I have a 39" chest, and 17" shoulders.

12. Ever get the jacket, @Pdawg?

13. Pdawg

It is done, and i have paid this past friday, still waiting on shipping confirmation. I will let you know @Sir Jacket !

handymike and ProteinNerd like this.
  14. Pdawg

@Sir Jacket , here are some images of it for ya! It is a milled or tumbled horsehide and a mid weight with great pliablity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. handymike

handymike My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very nice!

Pdawg likes this.
  16. Thanks, @Pdawg

Looks beautiful. And the fit? Would love to see some fit pics if you get around to it.

17. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd Call Me a Cab

Looks great!

Pdawg likes this.
  18. Thats a winner.

Pdawg likes this.
  19. @Pdawg, what about those fit pics, sir?