Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whitefeather Mfg. 1930s car coat

Pdawg

One of the Regulars
@Pdawg, what about those fit pics, sir?
@Sir Jacket ...i hate taking selfies and i hate asking others to take one for me :). But here ya go! I went 1" inch bigger in the chest (1/2" p2p) because i wanted to layer with this coat.

yTxfpDw.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I was really really really close to buying one of these but Fardin was slow to get back at me and I ended up with an aero work coat. Looks to me like I coulda saved about $300 had I been more patient (looks to be the exact same leather as the Vicenza)

Pdawg

One of the Regulars
I was really really really close to buying one of these but Fardin was slow to get back at me and I ended up with an aero work coat. Looks to me like I coulda saved about $300 had I been more patient (looks to be the exact same leather as the Vicenza)
Yeah, I think it is the same hide. It is tumbled and no break-in required. And yeah he isn't that quick on the communucations probably because he is a one man shop.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
@Sir Jacket ...i hate taking selfies and i hate asking others to take one for me :). But here ya go! I went 1" inch bigger in the chest (1/2" p2p) because i wanted to layer with this coat.

yTxfpDw.jpg

@Pdawg, much obliged indeed for going to the trouble. Clearly, you absolutely nailed the fit. Did you go for the tapered waist? And, if so, was Fardin comfortable with that?

I'm sure Fardin could sell a lot of these in US and UK. No one else is doing quite the same thing (very simple car coat) at the same price and quality.

Pdawg

One of the Regulars
@Pdawg, much obliged indeed for going to the trouble. Clearly, you absolutely nailed the fit. Did you go for the tapered waist? And, if so, was Fardin comfortable with that?

I'm sure Fardin could sell a lot of these in US and UK. No one else is doing quite the same thing (very simple car coat) at the same price and quality.
You can specify the bottom hem also, and any other measurement. I specified shoulders, p2p, and bottom hem.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
That's great. Aero's fits a bit like a tube; nice to have the option for flare or taper at the hem.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's great. Aero's fits a bit like a tube; nice to have the option for flare or taper at the hem.

Carrie has specified my Work Coat remake with a bit extra at the hip/hem so it is possible to flare or taper with Aero as well.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
InspirationLA looks wild.

I took the day off from work and spend the day at the convention. I rode my road king and was looking forward to see the friends at RMJ. I also visited Brian at Role Club. He is such old school craftsman. I sported my Mexican Made (Guanajuato) engineering boot and several people wanted on the spot. This boots were made for me and were handmade just for my feet, I could not let go because the inner sole had actually moulded to my feet. I am looking forward to attending next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ