Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whitefeather's 30's aviator/cafe racer "Lukas" jacket

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I received today a long awaited order from the good folks at Whitefeather Mfg, Vienna, Austria!
Last year I had to travel to Gustav Klimt's country, mostly for busisness. I decided to take the chance to visit Mr Fardin and his shop/workshop just 2 streets from my hotel, and this was a good decision I took there.
I had little knowledge of his products, but I'm always curious about discovering and meeting passionate people, and what they do, where they work,...
Fardin was very welcoming and took all the time to share his passion with me, showing me the jackets he made (along with his wife). I saw very interesting and beautifull vintage style inspired jackets (grizzly, 2 tone D-pocket, menlo,...) all hand made with care.
One particular caught my eyes: this one is a repro of a 2 tone 30's aviator style jacket mixed with a cafe racer mandarin collar!
I had seen pictures of it in Rin Tanaka's book, and I absolutely loved the style of this jacket!
Fardin took my measures and took my order for this jacket.
He was very nice and easy to deal with, he really is a sweet guy, and I wish him the best things for him and his compagny for the future.
The wait was long because he had issues sourcing the leather from the italian tanneries, but he always kept me informed of the ongoing process, and possible delays.

Now the jacket (that he called "the Lukas" from one of his friend's name for whom he made a prototype)
It's made of Italian Horsehide (I dont know if it's Vincenza...), in black and russet.
It's a soft and light hide, perfect for summer time.
Lined with a woolen houndstooth pattern fabric.
Hardware is Waldes 30's repro, and works great.
The belt buckle differes from the original, but is very nice.

I don't have many fit picts for the moment, but the sizing is spot on!

I'm really happy with this jacket (you know I can't resist a nice 2 tone beast)
and I hope you'll enjoy discovering it!

IMG_2516.jpg
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2518.jpg
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2520.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_2522.jpg
IMG_2523.jpg
IMG_2524.jpg
IMG_2525.jpg

That's an interesting mix of design elements going on there! Normally I don't like patch pockets and a fixed belt all that much but they seem to work really well on this jacket. Love the two tone and the fit is spot on. Really cool!

A-1

One Too Many
When I saw the pics of the jacket I thought, „Yeah, ok, interesting.“ But when I saw you wearing the jacket, I was sold! Worn this one is really cool!
Not as cool as the other one from Himel though... Well, but that’s impossible anyway...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
When I saw the pics of the jacket I thought, „Yeah, ok, interesting.“ But when I saw you wearing the jacket, I was sold! Worn this one is really cool!
Not as cool as the other one from Himel though... Well, but that’s impossible anyway...

^^ This exactly. Seeing it on you made a lot of differance. It's sure a neat mix there, glad that it fits and you like it too! Neat to hear about yet another small shop with all hand-made goods, done the old fashioned, correct way. :)

Reactions: A-1

Cocker

Practically Family
I really love it, and you're rocking it! There's not a lot of reviews for these guys online, but every time I see one, they receive only praises from their customers.

willyto

One Too Many
I'm not a fan of those two leather combos but it looks nice on you. The reason I'm not a fan is because people don't really ever wear them to the point where the jacket starts developing patina so they always look like new which I kind of hate.

AllanP

Familiar Face
The jacket really comes alive when you wear it. You can definitely pull off these two tone jackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto