Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's riding shotgun? The Resistol Stagecoach Line of Western Hats

Another Resistol Stagecoach model, this one is named Top Money.
Probably the most expensive Resistol Stagecoach I got.

topmoney01.jpg

topmoney02.jpg

topmoney03.jpg

topmoney04.jpg

And the receipt from 1980.
topmoney05.jpg

Head shot.
20170906.jpg

That's a beauty, Joao. My size too.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's very nice. Really nice to have the box and original paper work.
And now for something totally different! This has been on eBay for a while, with a BIN of $25.95. For the price, I thought it would be fun to play with, so I pulled the trigger. There looks to be dirt smudges, but I think it is the photo because the same spot appears in every photo in different locations.

bfbf388c923259f2b4e8c3a86a561307.jpg
e6a9b0240f41dfe408cb8b56c68d2525.jpg
956ed86b112aa9c9ccb48bc697dd2e78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DD, this was my Dry Gulch even with a similar gypsie macrame hatband, except in Tanbark. I couldn't get that hatband off of there & pushed to an open crown fast enough!

IMG_3587.jpg

In open crown it measures 6-1/2" x 4". Not sure about your Mink but Tanbark has a lot of dye in it & will stain your fingers (& the liner) when working with it. I'm not sure what will happen if caught out in the rain.

IMG_3588.jpg

I tried several creases & settled on a favorite to me.

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

Desert dog

DD, this was my Dry Gulch even with a similar gypsie macrame hatband, except in Tanbark. I couldn't get that hatband off of there & pushed to an open crown fast enough!

IMG_3587.jpg

In open crown it measures 6-1/2" x 4". Not sure about your Mink but Tanbark has a lot of dye in it & will stain your fingers (& the liner) when working with it. I'm not sure what will happen if caught out in the rain.

IMG_3588.jpg

I tried several creases & settled on a favorite to me.

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg
That is exactly what I have in mind. I love that beaded band! Yours looks great. Thanks for showing this, it helps to see the same hat and what can be done with them.

Desert dog

You're welcome. I steamed & cleaned mine pretty good with a hat Sponge. Just be aware of the dye. I left a couple of fingerprints on the liner before I realized it.

If you put any dents in you won't be able to avoid a bit of taper.

IMG_2688.jpg
It looks great on you. I was wondering how much crown would have to be buried to look right on me. I think you got it just right! Thanks for the heads up on the dye

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
And now for something totally different! This has been on eBay for a while, with a BIN of $25.95. For the price, I thought it would be fun to play with, so I pulled the trigger. There looks to be dirt smudges, but I think it is the photo because the same spot appears in every photo in different locations.
Interestingly it have a different hatband. I've seen it but didn't pay much attention to it since I have already a dry glutch on the list.

Been working on the Stagecoach. I can't get the true color of the ribbon to photo. It's not striped as it may appear.
7b22fb0816c625bade3abc2be2bca6a0.jpg
54b2a2fba396797cb8a3b5112c51852e.jpg
b7af22a06239d074a3bec774d857ddd7.jpg
86210a6fffe411477fa62d26e27225b3.jpg

Great job, DD! It looks crisp & smooth, & the proportions are perfect. Did you make up the ribbon from scratch? I have no experience with ribbons & probably wouldn't be very good at it.

You've ended up with a very nice looking hat!

Desert dog

Great job, DD! It looks crisp & smooth, & the proportions are perfect. Did you make up the ribbon from scratch? I have no experience with ribbons & probably wouldn't be very good at it.

You've ended up with a very nice looking hat!
Thanks Hurricane. I made the ribbon for a different hat a couple years ago, but didn't use it. I planned on using a thinner darker ribbon but there was a small fade mark on the back, where the macrame had been. I think the wide ribbon fits the proportions better anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points