Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are people often saying, that denim-jackets have to be worn open??

Anyone knows?

I'm always wondering about this. If the weather is for closed jackets, I close it.

Maybe, the phrase comes from heavy twill/denim's lack of breathability?

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
R4lGMSo.gif

devilish

A-List Customer
Unless it's blisteringly hot (and then I usually don't wear a jacket) I pretty much zip or button up my jackets. I hate the look and feel of an open jacket front. Just a personal thing. I also have quite a fondness for double denim. Wear it all the time and don't give a f**k what others think. Haha!

willyto

One Too Many

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
If they were actually homeless people, there wouldn't be three of them together, they wouldn't be smiling, they wouldn't be walking along briskly the way they are and the bags would be bigger. Moreover, the men would probably be unshaven and they wouldn't be in what looks like a nice part of town. And they all would be wearing more clothes (the less to carry in their bags). Other than that, they don't look that great. Carefree, yes, but not suitably dressed for being seen in public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21