Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are people often saying, that denim-jackets have to be worn open??

I got no special peer-group, here in my littletown. I just heared the "open Denim-jacket thing", without any arguments, a couple of times over the years. That was just the thing.

PS:
"without any arguments" = german daily streetlife ;)

Last edited:

yakima

One of the Regulars
Half buttoned, half not.

That's how it should be done.......

49kIFo.jpg

:cool:

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
"No special peer-group."

Do you realize how much meaning there is in that short sentence? It means you are free to be yourself, without worrying about all the fads and fashions that blow through our lives. You can actually wear something until it falls apart without worrying if it's too old-fashioned. You don't have to worry if your tie matches your socks or the color of your shirt matches your pants or if the collar is just so. And you can shop at the cheapest shop in town without fear that someone will talk behind your back about how cheap you are.

Or something like that. Only it's not that easy. In real life, you can't wear whatever you want. You can only wear what is actually available. If you want to wear a doublet and trunk hose, good luck finding any, I mean any that have good styling. You might have to settle for a singlet and breeches. Fancy a codpiece? Give that some thought first, then go ahead. It might do to save it for the Renaissance faire, though. Kilt? Done that to death. Even wore holes in one.

I still regret not loading up on Trachten when we were in Germany last, although I didn't see much of that on the streets, unlike when I was in Bavaria in the late 1960s, when local (and dressy) styles were very distinctive. Isn't it amazing how things can change in fifty years? More likely, I wasn't in the right part of Germany last time, which was south of Trier. Did see shop windows with Dirndls, though.

Verrückt!

Actually, the cause for this "open denim-jacket thing" isn't finally found out. ;)

Surely, avoiding "double-denim" could be a reason.

Maybe, the slim-fit of the popular old Levi's type III-design could be a further reason. The masses like to buy, but then probably don't like the fit, if being closed. ;)

But I just don't feel constricted in my slim-fitted type III-copy, if closed. All is fine. :)

Last edited:
Not to forget that denim jackets also come/came with zips.Maybe not great zips,but zips nevertheless!

Yeah, worn in primary-school, early 90's. Stone-washed dark-grey, marmor-like colouring and zipper. As far as I remember, it must have been oversized 90's fit and heavy denim. ;)

The jacket looked like a dark rock at the coast. :D

But, wait a minute... Now, I'm inspired! o_O:cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch