Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: Part III

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I've got some more vintage neckties that I'm parting company with. All ties are at least between good/very good condition, unless otherwise noted. Please keep in mind that prices do not include shipping--which I do my best to keep as low as possible. (For payment, gents, I do prefer checks, unless you're overseas, and then PayPal will have to do. Thanks.) Here we go again...!

Photoon2012-04-07at1314.jpg
Photoon2012-04-07at1311.jpg

The first (on the left) is an unmarked, excellent condition Bold Look tie. It features shades of blue, red, and silver, and feels like rayon. ($8). The middle tie features a great geometric design, the type of motif prevalent during the Bold Look era (and about as wide as they come, 4 1/2"). Wembley, complete with butterfly logo on tab, and also feels like rayon ($6). The last is the oldest of the trio, c.late-'30s/early-40's. No label, it is about 46" long and 3" wide, and features some comet-like motifs on a beautiful blue background; possibly rayon. ($6)

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would like the blue one on the right. Do you have more like this? You already know what I am after ;) The unlined variety with "boring" pattern. If so please PM me.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Don't worry, Mr. V., there's more...

Photoon2012-04-07at1821-1.jpg
Photoon2012-04-07at18242.jpg

On the left is a nifty brown/yellow color combination Marathon Cravat, c.early-'50s, with a leaf brocade; wool lining, blades feel like rayon/acetate. ($6) Next is a Superba Imperial Satin tie, with beautiful shades of blue, c.early-'40s. About 49" long, 3" wide. ($6) Last is an unmarked (except the common "Resilient Construction" tag) necktie, with striking shades of maroon, gold, and silver. The raised brocade has a sort of taffeta-feel to it, and really helps to bring out the colors. c.late-'30s/early-'40s, about 48" long, 3" wide. ($6)

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

Hey Mario. I am willing to share if some more come up. I just want the first one real bad. The others are optional.

I will send you a CD with scans anyway (well...when I finished them...could take a while) so I could include a tie too.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here comes the next three:

Photoon2012-04-10at1802.jpg
Photoon2012-04-10at18032.jpg

r to l: From National Shirt Shops ("Coast to Coast") comes a pre-Bold Look tie, with a brown background and green/silver highlights. Measures about 49" long, 31/2" wide. ($6) Next is an Arrow tie, c.early-'50s, with a beige background and brown/beige motif; feels like acetate. ($6). Last is a Brent Tie, sold through Montgomery Ward, c.early-'50s. Brown brocade with yellow/silver/dark brown motifs; feels like rayon or rayon/acetate. ($6)

Flat Foot Floey

Sorrry, but I am not fond of paisly ties. Anyway it looks blue-ish in the picture but it is brown?

I think I will stay with the 3 ties I already reserved unless you have some more. Thank you.

PS: I tried to message you but your inbox is full.

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the effort, Lee.

Trouble is I'm rather picky when it comes to ties and while I actually preferred the plain colored specimen for a long time I have only recently developed a penchant for certain geometric patterns as can be seen in the two samples below (which are, sadly, not mine but HBK's).

In all honesty, though: I have detected a rather unnerving talent in me for wanting things that are simply not available when I want them. Which, of course, makes me want them all the more... ;)

Thanks anyway. Should you ever, during one of your meanderings, come across some ties akin to the ones pictured below in make and color: please feel free to scream out loud! :D

And Flo is right: Your inbox is packed out.

L1040609.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana