Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Ties: Part III

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Found some more pre-Bold Look ties in the collection:

Photoon2012-04-13at1755.jpg
Photoon2012-04-13at1754.jpg

l to r: The first is a pretty, unmarked brown/green tie on a square-brocade background, with silver streaks and a motif than runs down the length. About 48" long, 3" wide. ($7) Next is a very attractive Regal Cravat, with red/silver "feathers" on a red background, originally sold by Kaufmann's in Colorado Springs. About 50" long, 4" wide. ($7). Last is a beautiful, uniquely-designed tie, which appears to be the oldest of the group. The base color is deep green, with emerald-green leaves and brown overtones; the colors almost shimmer in the light. A Draperite necktie by Marlboro," With the 100% Wool Golden Fleece Miracle Lining, Pat. No. 2,114,376." About 48" long, 3" wide. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I found some more '30s/early-'40s ties, three of which I will now post. These will be the last for now on this thread; I'll post the rest in the near future.

Photoon2012-04-16at1821.jpg
Photoon2012-04-16at1817.jpg

l to r: First is a loose-stitch, hand tailored tie fashioned by Horkshire, first sold by Scott-Livingston of Picher, OK (now a ghost town). It has a reddish background, with orangish stripes, and silver threads interspersed in various sections. About 47" long, 3 1/2" wide. ($6). Next is an early hand-made Fashion! Superba, complete with the old George Washington graphic on the label; first sold at The Hub, Miami, OK(!). The "background" is off-white and black, with off-white, red, and light-yellow stripes (reminds me a bit of a Piet Mondrian painting); kind of has a crepe-like feel/look to it. About 46" long, 3" wide. ($6) Last is a Resilio Chalet Alpine silk tie, with the 1923 patent date on the back of the label; originally sold at The White House Men's Shop, San Francisco. Beautiful, a bit shimmery maroon background, with bronze and light-silver vertical stripes. About 46" long, 3" wide. ($7)

That's the last of them for now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm