Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wifebeaters?

Men: Do you wear a so-called "wifebeater" regularly?

• Yes - of course! Just like my father did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eww.... not for me.

• Sometimes I do, depending.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roger

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Uh yeah, and the laws of physics don't apply either. :rolleyes: Cotton or any other material is just another layer that holds in heat. :eusa_doh:

Regards,
J

You obviously are ignorant about the construction of the A-shirt. It is designed to breathe and absorb perspiration. You probably never took an elementary physics class nor know anything about clothing material.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mr. 'H' said:
I'd love to source a less flimsey, more form fitting one, such as what Denzel wore, in "Devil in a Blue Dress". I thought it was an excellent look for the movie.

Devil-in-a-Blue-Dress-Poster-C10134396.jpeg

Oh NICE shirt ;)
Nice...

Oh wait, Im back now.

LD

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Oh NICE shirt ;)
Nice...

Oh wait, Im back now.

LD

See, that's what I can't stand about you ladies. You see an attractive man and all of a sudden he's just a piece of MEAT to you! What about his inner beauty, his self-esteem, his soul?

Oh no, sex sex sex, that's all you she-wolves can think about.....

lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
carebear said:
See, that's what I can't stand about you ladies. You see an attractive man and all of a sudden he's just a piece of MEAT to you! What about his inner beauty, his self-esteem, his soul?

Oh no, sex sex sex, that's all you she-wolves can think about.....

lol

Im sorry, I was scrooling down and came across the lovely picture again...:rolleyes:
Did you day something...?

LD

Canadave

One Too Many
Manny Tavares said:
I agree with you.:D A-shirts are very comfortable, and useful. I feel naked without one.

What about the armpit enigma...what about that? I WANT to like and wear them as undershirts, but they won't protect my dress shirt from armpit sweat, will they?

D

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Canadave said:
What about the armpit enigma...what about that? I WANT to like and wear them as undershirts, but they won't protect my dress shirt from armpit sweat, will they?

D

I personally can't wear them all the time; for example, under a long sleeve shirt during the hot summer months; which ironically, is when they would seem to be most appropriate. However, I never encounter any problems when I wear them under short sleeve sport shirts; must be the circulation.

However, I always wear a t-shirt under my dress shirts. However, If I'm out dancing or something, I usually tuck away an a-shirt and extra dress shirt after getting all 'sweated out' (sounds gross huh?).

I always, always wear an a-shirt with a vintage gab shirt! It just feels right, and I hate having a t-shirt visible behind a mile wide spread collar.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
resortes805 said:
behind a mile wide spread collar.

What is it with the trend nowadays (especially in US) of men wearing shirt collars that are clearly about two inches too big. I mean, you can practically see their chests! What's with that?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
What is it with the trend nowadays (especially in US) of men wearing shirt collars that are clearly about two inches too big. I mean, you can practically see their chests! What's with that?

[whine]Tight collars are uncomfortable.[/whine] Is the biggest problem, from folks who have never been fitted before.

I think the other part of the problem is many men nowadays have no idea what proper fit is and most stores no longer have clerks who will measure you and help you find the proper size.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
resortes805 said:
behind a mile wide spread collar.

Actually, the "mileage" refers to the length from the collar tips to the neck and not the open space between the center buttons. . .
a5_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana