Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wifebeaters?

Men: Do you wear a so-called "wifebeater" regularly?

• Yes - of course! Just like my father did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eww.... not for me.

• Sometimes I do, depending.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Mr. 'H' said:
What is it with the trend nowadays (especially in US) of men wearing shirt collars that are clearly about two inches too big. I mean, you can practically see their chests! What's with that?

I was actually referring to dress shirts worn fully buttoned up with a tie, which are clearly too big around the neck.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
I was actually referring to dress shirts worn fully buttoned up with a tie, which are clearly too big around the neck.

That's the question I answered. Two fingers baby, flat against the neck.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
resortes805 said:
Check out this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10970
I posted a picture of a red gab shirt that has a very similar cut to the two tone. I know the owner of the shop that makes them, and he can do custom two-tones.

I'll have to drop them a line, I was going to order one of the white gab shirts to go with the black & gray Hollywood suit I picked up.

I've always liked how they go together. (Like the one Kurt Russell wore in Swing Shift)

cap024.jpg

cap021copy.jpg

cap025copy.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
IF I MAY INTERJECT...

a FEW GUYS I KNOW WHO ARE ...SHALL WE SAY...A LITTLE ON THE PORTLY SIDE, ALSO WEAR THEM BECAUSE THEY SAY IT HELPS HOLD IT ALL IN...KIND OF LIKE A MAN-GIRDLE:)

olive bleu

One Too Many
not even as an undergarment? wouldn't you say it is preferable to have your spare tire just hanging freely over the top of your pants?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wearing one right now, wore it under a button down tonight.
I've been drinking, Marines are 231 yrs tonight.

If I posted in the negative earlier, mark me a hypocrite. :D

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Funny, when I think of the term it brings to mind sweat-stained undershirts worn by rednecks, white trash, trailer trash, etc. The lesser refined of ALL races are more apt to wear them as outerwear. You're the only one I see associating them with specific racial stereotypes.

-MC

Lincsong said:
I find the term "wifebeater" to be highly offensive and see it as an ethnic put down to all the Italians, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Cubans who wear them exposed on hot days. If someone made a thread about "light in the loafers" I'm sure it would be immediately closed.

Martini Slayer

New in Town
My opinion on "Wifebeaters?" Well, I like em... :) Alot of guys don't like to wear them, but I think they look hot on a guy if he's wearing one with boxers while watching TV with me.. :)

Does that make me part "Trailer Trash"? hehee

Warning.... :eek:fftopic:

Now my last guy expressed an intrest in me with my hair in curlers.. What do you fellas think about that? Do you think it's "hot or not"?? .. :D

XO Slayer

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
olive bleu said:
not even as an undergarment? wouldn't you say it is preferable to have your spare tire just hanging freely over the top of your pants?

I've seen fat guys not wearing any undershirt and they think they look good. bahahahahhhahahahha lose 50 dude that hairy naval is showing through the shirt.:eek:

As to the gentlemen who thought I was the only one associating it with a racial stereotype, read through all the threads one thread said it was "a chicano" thing.

As to the curlers; are those your legs in that avatar?:D

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lincsong said:
I've seen fat guys not wearing any undershirt and they think they look good. bahahahahhhahahahha lose 50 dude that hairy naval is showing through the shirt.:eek:

yeah.. they THINK they look good? have they ever been TOLD it looks good?
Guys would not want to see the way we would look sometimes without the undergarments we wear to ensure our clothes fit properly. Don't misread me here, I am not so shallow that i actually think every guy should have a perfect body,( to be perfectly frank, i actually like a little bit of extra weight on a guy),anyway ii think wearing an undershirt just makes a shirt look better. I do like the look of wife-beaters,singlets, whatever you choose to call them.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Personally, I love wearing them. They are really comfy and do make a dress shirt look so much better.

But I do find this to be a funny image:

It is the lovable Onslo from "Keeping Up Appearances":

keepingupappearances_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto