Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wifebeaters?

Men: Do you wear a so-called "wifebeater" regularly?

• Yes - of course! Just like my father did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eww.... not for me.

• Sometimes I do, depending.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

olive bleu

One Too Many
God, I love that show.Who doesn't know a real-life onslow?:)

I always feel bad for poor Daisy, though,she sure suffers from onslow's sluggish libido:D

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Now, now ... 75 lbs. is ridiculously underweight for adult women. I like a weight that's just right: not too little, but not "extra" either.

I asked you the question because I was curious about why you found extra weight a likeable characteristic on a man. Some people do, and some don't. I wasn't judging you about it. I simply wished to understand why you feel that way.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
Now, now ... 75 lbs. is ridiculously underweight for adult women. I like a weight that's just right: not too little, but not "extra" either.

Crud, I see you caught your slip and added "for adult women" as an edit.

I was gonna be all over that.

Gotta love the post notification, it lets you see the raw material pre-edit or deletion. :D

carebear

Several girls of my acquaintence like a man with a little padding both for the padding and because it shows a lack of vanity.

If you're cut like a Men's Health cover model you may be more than a bit into yourself I think is the reasoning.

Also, from personal experience, chicks are intimidated by men who are prettier than they are. But I've learned to live with it, I do the Gable rumpled thing. :D

olive bleu

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:

I asked you the question because I was curious about why you found extra weight a likeable characteristic on a man. Some people do, and some don't. I wasn't judging you about it. I simply wished to understand why you feel that way.

ok,i understand, i didn't mean to jump on you like that:) Let me think about the "why" for a minute. I am at work about to go into a meeting, i will mull it over & get back to you on it.

olive bleu

One Too Many
carebear said:
Several girls of my acquaintence like a man with a little padding both for the padding and because it shows a lack of vanity.

If you're cut like a Men's Health cover model you may be more than a bit into yourself I think is the reasoning.

Also, from personal experience, chicks are intimidated by men who are prettier than they are. But I've learned to live with it, I do the Gable rumpled thing. :D

that might be part of it, i am certainly turned off by extreme vanity.I do like men who are comfortable in their own skin, but not into self-worship

carebear

Also, being svelte has nothing to do with power/competence/protective or fathering ability or any of the other things that, biologically, females cue in on.

Also, on a psychological level, many women subconsciously look for men that remind them in ways of their fathers. Most fathers aren't particularly cut, both by age and norms of their generation.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Cool -- have a good meeting! :)

Thanks Marc... I'm back!:)

Well, interesting comments from Carebear. I think al ot of what he has said has actually been quite accurate(frighteningly).The bit about searching for someone who reminds us of our Father, might certainly have some truth in it. I was extremely close to my Dad. When i needed to feel safe and comforted, i would curl up next to him on the couch, lay my head on his chest, and we would just sit there watching tv.(WE were the only ones in the house who laughed at Mr. Bean) When I think of what i find apealling in a man, alot of his qualities come to mind, including the physical ones...(right down to the smell of pine trees:)

or....Maybe it has to do with the fact that most of the men I have loved, have had an extra 10 or so lbs., so now that is what i associate with my type. There might be something in the psychology of believing that braun(brawn?)sp...somehow has something to do with strength, and dependability. I have proven that theory wrong, though as the last guy that i fell for was a big, beefy, norwegian and he was anything but strong & dependable:kick:

Then again...my first boyfriend was like the male version of Twiggy, and i did just recently confess, in another thread, to having a thing for Matthew Broderick, who is pretty thin soooo....what does that say about me? or the fact that i also have been attracted to bald men?

at any rate..i do like them in a wife-beater:D

Martini Slayer

New in Town
Lincsong said:
Well, hell then, let's see the rest.:D Right now I'm thinking curlers would be fine.

Umm.. Ok.. Here's the rest of me.. Taken from that same photo session

145054527_3081c0e9b1.jpg

It's an Ava Garderner studio promo shot repro :D

I'm not too bad looking... But still.. Curlers?? :p Hehee..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112