Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wing Tip Loafers

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
So I bought these on eBay I sent the seller a low offer and he accepted. Looks like a few scuff marks up front but not too bad they are Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers

Do you think they need to go to a repair shop to be professionally treated for the scuffs or ca I do it at home? Any advice?

Jaxenro

One of the Regulars
C54935B6-96BF-414A-9AC7-34DDAD6E2CE5.jpeg
Forgot the picture

3fingers

One Too Many
You're not going to hurt them. I'd clean them up and treat them at home first. If you aren't happy with the result you can always take them in to the cobbler. A little elbow grease goes a long way.

Twelvefret

New in Town
Use saddle soap with a bit of water and wipe off. Put some quality polish later after the shoes have dried a bit. I think you'll like the results. Nice shoes, BTW.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Excellent advise so far. They appear to be calf leather.

If they were at my house I would:
(1) Remove shoe trees and check for rough spots or damage. Smooth trees or replace.
(2) Cadillac Conditoner ( http://www.cadillacshoe.com/products/shoe-care--and-polishes.html ). Liberally apply to outside and sole. Treat outside frequently til it does not accept more conditioner. Apply to outside of calf leather, let sit for short time and wipe off. (Lots of discussions can be had with leather treatments/conditioners. Everybody holds an opinion. The conditioners/cleaners without kerosene, harsh chemicals, alkaloids (soaps) and crazy oils may have a purpose with specific leathers. Listen, read and finally trust in folks who are experts at your model/leather of shoe. I do not do many of the shoe care items that my father and my grandfather taught me. I know now their are better options. There is a thread over at the Style Forum about Shoe Repair and Care that is a gem of information. )
(3) Lightly clean the inside of the shoe with mild soap using an old toothbrush. Let dry and spray with disenfectant. Then apply conditioner to the leather liner. Avoid any non-leather surface.
(4) Light coat of black cream polish. Use your fav brand and confirm it is to be used for calf.
(5) Edge dressing (https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/shoe-care/).
(6) Clear polish ( https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care/high-shine-glacage.html). Use 1-2 light coats to entire shoe and more coats with gloss shine to toe area (not vamp).
(7) Confirm that inside insoles are good to wear. If not visit cobbler or purchase high quality very thin leather insoles.
(8) Confirm that soles and heels of shoe are good for wear. If neede visit cobbler for consultation. Heels should be level and not show excessive wear. The soles should not have soft spots or deep scars.

Search out and purchase a pair of your fav socks in the weight that these shoes will demand and they are ready to be worn.

Wear them with pride sir. Shoes that live in a closet do not work at my house.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana