Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wclary

New in Town
I'm looking for a wool jacket similar to a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser, but want the
same attention to quality, craftsmanship, and American-oriented methods that one would find in say Norman Porter Jeans for example. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I just recently acquired a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser in size 42 extra long as I need the added sleeve length for my long arms. I very much look forward to cooler weather in N Texas in the not-too-distant future so I can wear it. If I lived in Minnesota or N Dakota maybe I would have bought a Double Mac instead. I'm not sure how your requirement of "attention to quality, craftsmanship, and American-oriented methods" could be improved on with with what I have.

Peacoat

Bartender
I just recently acquired a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser in size 42 extra long as I need the added sleeve length for my long arms. I very much look forward to cooler weather in N Texas in the not-too-distant future so I can wear it. If I lived in Minnesota or N Dakota maybe I would have bought a Double Mac instead. I'm not sure how your requirement of "attention to quality, craftsmanship, and American-oriented methods" could be improved on with with what I have.
Agreed. My Filson products are all top notch. Couldn't ask for better quality. Rather than getting something "similar," just get the Filson Cruiser. If you have a relatively slim build, the Seattle cut will fit you better than the standard, which is cut really large. I think it may be called the Alaska fit.

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
Just looking at quality of both materials and workmanship I have always been happier with Swanndri than Filson. However, as they are built start to finish to be workwear, you may not like the look of their bushshirts.

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
Over the summer i was in the PNW, and visited the Pendleton factory, did the tour, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that Pendleton make all the wool for Filson, thats what the tour guide told us, which is interesting.

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Vintage Woolrich wool coats are an incredible value, and can have really beautiful patterns, they can pass as contemporary pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk