Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WOW! I quit my job today to go to Cosmetology school

freebird

Practically Family
miss_elise said:
can i just ask a slightly stupid question... is there a difference between cosmetology school and beauty school? or is it just a p/c thing?

no difference, same school, differant name.

freebird

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
Can't wait to see your first cases!
And Freebird, now you have all of us picturing you in red polish...

lol that's ok, just think of my poor clients....a one eyed beautician, with a handlebar moustache, and red nail polish on one hand.:eek: I think they were either too stunned to say anything or too afraid to, especially when I took my specs off to do their hair! (I see better up close without them)

Drrrty Blonde

New in Town
Thats wonderful, and congratulations on taking that plunge!

I decided to follow my passion and began cosmetology school last November (before that, I was knee deep in government/ law enforcement positions) and let me tell you, I have no regrets but MAN is it tough!! I'm also the one in my school that favors vintage style, which is kinda wierd since you'd think it would be an ecclectic bunch.

So if anyone is in Austin, TX and wants some vintage glamour, let me know :)

~Michele

freebird

Practically Family
Drrrty Blonde said:
Thats wonderful, and congratulations on taking that plunge!

I decided to follow my passion and began cosmetology school last November (before that, I was knee deep in government/ law enforcement positions) and let me tell you, I have no regrets but MAN is it tough!! I'm also the one in my school that favors vintage style, which is kinda wierd since you'd think it would be an ecclectic bunch.

So if anyone is in Austin, TX and wants some vintage glamour, let me know :)

~Michele
We did have this one guy who took to wearing make-up....................not me.
That didn't go over too well in small town Oklahoma.:eek:

Swing Kitty

New in Town
Yay! Congratulations! I'm totally in the same boat as you - I've just put down a deposit on a hair and make up for film course - something I've been dreaming about forever...and I finally just decided to do it instead of thinking and worrying about it all the time! I'm so excited!

Good luck :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto