Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WSJ article: Fashion's Real Housewives

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
lol I wish I still needed one!

In NYS, only beer can be sold in grocery stores, everything else you go to the liqour store for. They always card everyboody in the grocery store of any age. They never card in the liquor stores, even on my 21st birthday I didn't get carded.

So, I had never gotten carded into a liquor store in my life until a few years ago. A young employee asked for my ID. And it made me so happy he thought I was under 21. Then he ruined it all by saying "I'm sorry about that, you're older than I am." :( Since then I keep trying to get carded again when I order at a restaurant, but no luck.

So back on topic, I wish they'd drop the hems a little bit so I could buy some of the "modern" vintage-look or vintage-inspired fashions. Occasionally Ann Taylor and the Loft have cute things, but most seem incredibly short on me and most of the fashions fall 4 or 5 inches above the knee.

I actually don't mind short skirts on other women (go for it if you got it!). But when I raise my arm to write on the board when teaching, I don't want to show the whole world everything. Even though I know that probably won't happen, I'd rather have that 4 inches of fabric on my side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk