Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTS or Trade: Aero Size 40 Brown Steerhide Board Racer

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm selling my gorgeous size 40 Board Racer as I've come to the realisation that the size 42 simply fits me that bit better across the shoulders and chest and I'm going to order another in the larger size. This was originally sent to me as a fit jacket but it was so gorgeous I decided to keep it.

Purchased through Thurston Bros approx 18 months ago, its just starting to break in, the Steerhide definitely drapes better than Horse in my experience. The jacket is showing usual signs of light wear but there is no damage to the leather or the lining.

Features:
Slanted chest pockets.
Centre back seem with Kidney Panel.
Nickel Diamond Pulls and hardware.
100% Minto Check Wool lining - no tears or rips.
Tagged a size 40 but please check measurements below.

Pit to Pit: 21.5
Shoulder: 17.75
Sleeve: 26.75
length: 24.75

US$650 to me through payapl friends and family including free shipping worldwide.
or even better, the same jacket in size 42...maybe someone has one that is slightly too big for them?

IMG_2241.jpg
IMG_2242.jpg
IMG_2243.jpg
IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2244.jpg

ProteinNerd

Yeah its such a shame but I just received another BR in a 42 and while I can wear this, the 42 is simply a better fit when you compare them imo. I'll probably do a comparison post this weekend.

Not in a rush to offload it but its also on eBay, offered here at a better price though as I'd rather it go to one of "us".

ProteinNerd

No longer for sale. I've decided to keep it.

As it was only so marginally small for me across the shoulders and chest, I simply wore my knox motorcycle armoured shirt underneath if for 20 minutes which gave it that tiny bit of stretch it needed.

Might be a helpful trick for others if they are ever in the same situation.

SkyTurtle

Familiar Face
Beautiful jacket. And congrats on a good decision. Don't know if you're using any conditioner, but I've found that a little Lexol (or Otter Wax leather oil is even better) in the shoulders and back helps tremendously to break in and form my leathers. In fact, I usually buy my gloves and boots to be just a wee bot small and then condition them a couple of times to get the fit just right.

ProteinNerd

Back up for sale and on eBay as well. After wearing the size 42 a few times, the larger size is definitely the one for me.
There is already someone from ebay messaging me about this so if you are interested, get in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ