Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Army Officers Dress Shoes

cco23i

A-List Customer
One thing you have to remeber is yes, they did buy their own shoes BUT they did have to conform to regulations as well as be aproved by the installation commander.

Scott

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Buzz Rickson Low Quarters

Hi Guys,
Just bought and received my B.R. Low Quarters and they fit great.
One question to the guys who have bought these previously.
What polish are you using.
Clear ? Or a certain colour that keeps them fine or ages them ?
Alan

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
002.jpg
[/IMG]

I wear these Red Wing boots with my flight suit and dress pinks and greens. They shine up real nice and are very comfortable. They do look the part of a period boot, enough for me anyway. ATF sold me a pair of 3/4 high GI boot. They are nice but thin leather.

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Probably because he posted them in 2004! :eek:

He's like father time ...

but I would like to see them too! Can you resurrect them please Paddy?

I like your boots Phantom... just the ticket!

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Now, you see that is really obvious ... you put it around the heel like spurs straps so when you are face down in the proverbial, every one will know who you are ... or were... ;)

Are you a Marine Aviator BTW? teach me about VMF 321 please?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dug the pics up from 2004

Many of the pics from that far back have been deleted by the Photo Host [huh]

These are old ones of the shoes *I think* I was referring to six years ago! All leather uppers and soles with vintage 'stick on' rubber to aid grip.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
I have read through many old threads and searched for quite a while, but i decided i should come here and ask this before i buy anything.
Who makes the best russet service shoes? I have had my eye on the ones from At The Front, but have read that the leather is weird, and they have soft soles. Is this still the case? I don't want to shell out money for something i will end up not being comfortable in. How are these boots for everyday wear? And how does the toe size compare to a pair of Corcorans? smaller, similar, etc.
Thanks,
Wolfe
Edit: I just found another site, epic militaria. Anyone know how their stuff is?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I have a pair of roughouts from Jerry Lee at What Price Glory and I think these are what you want:

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=656&bc=no

WPG's stuff is good, but not great. I wear my roughouts at least once a week, and they're still in great shape.

At The Front's stuff is somewhat better in many ways, but I haven't bought Rollin's shoes yet so I can't compare one to one.

WWII Impressions also makes what you want. They're the highest $ in the bunch, which is why I don't own their stuff (yet).

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usarmy.html

Hope this helped...

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
1961MJS said:
Hi

I have a pair of roughouts from Jerry Lee at What Price Glory and I think these are what you want:

http://onlinemilitaria.net/shopexd.asp?id=656&bc=no

WPG's stuff is good, but not great. I wear my roughouts at least once a week, and they're still in great shape.

At The Front's stuff is somewhat better in many ways, but I haven't bought Rollin's shoes yet so I can't compare one to one.

WWII Impressions also makes what you want. They're the highest $ in the bunch, which is why I don't own their stuff (yet).

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/usarmy.html

Hope this helped...
What do you mean when you say ATF's stuff is better in some ways? What are they?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WolfeMan said:
What do you mean when you say ATF's stuff is better in some ways? What are they?

Hi again

I own two WPG bush jackets, a set of WPG US Khaki's, and the WPG Service shoes. The jackets and the service shoes are fine. The khaki shirt has loose threads, but no enough to send it back. The pants have an unraveled belt loop, but I'd washed it at least three times before that happened.

I own two pair of the ATF early war HBT pants, and one jacket. I wear the pants regularly and they're holding up VERY well. I also just purchased an ATF 1943 uniform jacket, it fits but at 85 degrees F I haven't worn it yet. I don't own any ATF footwear, so I don't have a direct comparison.

One thing to note, returning things to ATF from the US is less expensive than returning to the UAE.

I'll buy from both places again, but my experience with WPG's khaki's isn't GREAT. My ATF stuff seems to be sewed a little better, note a LITTLE better.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk