Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII department at RetroRadar.com

Big-T

Familiar Face
Hey Fellas,

I want to launch a department specifically related to the life and times of the WWII era, on RetroRadar. I am brainstorming for areas of interest, or news hooks, to keep the content alive and active. I am trying to keep it consumable by the general public, so I don't want to have to drill down to minute details to keep fresh material up. So I thought I would ask you for topics of interest.

Here is what I am coming up with so far:

WWII reneactment
Reunions
Aircraft - Bombers, Noseart
Tributes
Entertainment, sights and sounds (both old and new)

I know there must be a ton more, so Educate me.

Also if you have any interest in submitting articles or story ideas,

send them to news@retroradar.com

Thanks

Craig "Big-T" Thompson
www.RetroRadar.com
www.BigT-Music.com

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi there "Big T" from Paddy.

I took some time the other day to look at your websites and it's really inspiring me to do something about setting up one.

I mailed Leslie just to say how much I enjoyed looking at your wedding pics from June. You guys scrub up really well and it all looked fabulous. In fact, reading about your band and background, (I'm ex army, a journo and now a teacher!) has encouraged me to think again about getting some proper voice coaching, as I'd love to croon with the big bands! Also I come from 15 years of working as a journo on newspapers, so that was something else to chat about, re: your great idea of Retro! A brave step, but often following your gut feelings is the best thing you can do!

Having spoken to Leslie, and now seeing your post here, I'm away to think about a few features to put into your online mag/rag. I have a huge interest in the USAAF during WW2, and have been to visit many of the old camps/air bases in England (because it's all handy for me!).

Good to meet you 'Big T' great to see your band and career is going from strength-to-strength and having seen the Sumo pics, I think I'll stick to my Thai kick-boxing! looks a lot less lethal!! lol.

You take care.

Big-T

Familiar Face
Hey Paddy,

Not sure if you saw, that I also have a full set up of my band in London. One of my best gigs ever was playing for the Queens Golden Jubilee a couple of summers ago in Barts' Square. Had the opportunity to open for Max Bygraves on a different occasion as well.

The guy who is my band leader has one of the largest collections of US WWII uniforms left over from the war. He leads the same band under the name Opus One Big Band as well. I would be happy to introduce you guys, however he is NEVER on the computer. .

Take care,

Big-T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21