Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Reenactors Jukebox/Radio

maisie

Practically Family
Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to post this? But I was wondering if anyone know of this website that has loads of 1940s songs, by various artists (Andrews Sisters, Glenn Miller, ect) that you can play for free, I believe it was set up by a reenactor?? If anyone knows of this site could you tell me the link as I lost the website address, and now can't seem to find it anymore!!:cry: Its a really good website!

Thanks In Advance!:)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
maisie,

You probably want the Rat Patrol Radio station on live365.com. Try Kingdom of Swing while you're at it.

maisie

Practically Family
Thanks for all the links, they're great and have added them all to my favorites list!
But none of them are the website I managed to lose the link for!!!:cry:
I think my description of it was pretty poor, as thinking about it now it was a long list of 1940s songs that would play unstopped, just like a radio, even though it wasn't a broadcasting radio (if you know what I mean!!:rolleyes: :) ) You could also choose if you wanted to play a particular song (yay 'In The Mood'!!) So if anyone knows of anymore of these sorts of website PLEASE tell me!!

Thanks!:cheers1:

Doc.Freddy

New in Town
what

it sound cool infact id love to have known about it but im sorry i did not. but i think you found what you were looking for. im going to checkout that link too.

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
WWII Music, News, shows, etc.

I found what is an old radio goldmine. I downloaded some of the World News Today and Goodman, Dorsey and Miller radio shows (all complete with static) and played them over the speakers at our WWII Day in Peachtree City, GA. Everybody asked where I got them.

They're free and there's all kinds at:

http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/allshows.html

Right click on the show you want, save target as, save where you want it. It takes a minute to download and opens in Media Player.

Hope you enjoy this like I have.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
That almost sounds like Yahoo radio.

maisie said:
Thanks for all the links, they're great and have added them all to my favorites list!
I think my description of it was pretty poor, as thinking about it now it was a long list of 1940s songs that would play unstopped, just like a radio, even though it wasn't a broadcasting radio (if you know what I mean!!:rolleyes: :) ) You could also choose if you wanted to play a particular song (yay 'In The Mood'!!) So if anyone knows of anymore of these sorts of website PLEASE tell me!!

If you have Yahoo Messenger, there is also an online radio station feature, (many genres) with which you can program your own playlist if you like.

Wambleyburger

Familiar Face

Maisie, Is this the link you were thinking of? http://upchucky.com/JukeCity/40s/OldJukes/40splayer.htm
I hope this helps you out. Cheers, Ted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana