Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Had It, But Sold It (and now You're Sorry)

K

kpreed

I am really sorry now I let my car go.:eusa_doh: We had many a good mile together.
img037.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
I'm faced with a dilemna at present. I have had a room flooded recently and the clean up has triggered a clean out. I collected a lot of mid century American magazines during the 80's (Sat Evening Post, Colliers, Esquire, Seventeen, Life, Nat Geo. etc) and herself is pushing me to sell them.

I know I'm going to regret it:(

Beautifull car BTW. What triggered the sale?

Talbot

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Sigh, back in the day when vintage seemed like it was a never ending cheap supply. Let's see. cream rayon doublee breasted suit because it was slightly big and i already had one. Beautiful gaberdine jacket like the kind Tuckeer wears i nteh movie because it was slightly long, sold to Ardis, blue db suit with red pinstripes because it was ever so slightly big, spectator shoes, belted back tweed windowpane suit with vest because it just wasn't my style. All sold relatively cheap compared to what i would ahve to pay to replace them, assuming i could find them. Oh well.

K

kpreed

Talbot said:
I'm faced with a dilemna at present. I have had a room flooded recently and the clean up has triggered a clean out. I collected a lot of mid century American magazines during the 80's (Sat Evening Post, Colliers, Esquire, Seventeen, Life, Nat Geo. etc) and herself is pushing me to sell them.

I know I'm going to regret it:(

Beautifull car BTW. What triggered the sale?

Talbot
Sold it because of a move, I think Northern "no rust" California was better for it, but I do miss it! Thanks.

celtic

A-List Customer
'69 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.
Although, it was my father sold it to the junk man because I didn't have the money to have it towed home after I blew the second engine...so I don't know if that counts.:rage: :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Tionesta Cottage

This little cottage in Chautauqua Institution was bought by my 2 great aunts in 1906. 5 bedrooms, 2 story porches front and back, lake view. It started out as a 10 by 11 foot shed, attached to a tent platform, around 1874. Additions were made over the next few years and it achieved this look by 1878. It was never meant to last 100 years, but there it is. I spent much of my childhood summers in this place. Anyhow, I inherited it in 1998, and finally sold it in 2004. I bought much smaller, much more practical condo, very nearby. But this little piece of history is still very dear to my heart. A very nice famiy from Cleveland bought it, and they use it all summer long and enjoy it and love it. So I can stop by from time to time and visit. Many ghosts and memories. Can't say I'm sorry I sold it, but I miss it a lot.
Tionesta2002.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I sold a bunch of original 1920s and 1930s movie lobby photos because I was unemployed. I regret every second of it.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I don't really regret that I sold. After all, I did need the money at the time. But here's what comes to mind -

A fairly large collection of scarce LPs, and a smaller collection of silver coins. I wish I had both now. Not to keep ... but rather to sell at today's prices!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Coin collections, gad -- my grandfather had a very substantial hoard of late 19th/early 20th century coins, all of which he'd pulled from circulation at his gas station over the decades, all neatly organized in albums. I was fascinated by these, and used to pore over them for hours.

Before he died he had to sell the whole lot to a silver smelter to pay bills.

On my tenth birthday, I was given a 1923 Peace Dollar -- and I still carry it. It's the only coin from the collection that didn't get melted down.

Inky

One Too Many
I miss my very large collection of beautiful late 30's to late 40's items of clothing collected since I was in high school (the 70's) that I sold because I got too big to wear them (the early 90's). Now they'd all fit again, MANY years later. Oh well, lots of ice cream under the bridge that I don't eat anymore anyway ;) and a fine, uh, reason to buy more clothes!

And my 1955 Pontiac Hearse that I lost in the divorce, which was absolutely worth it, but I miss this car very much and it's been 12 years since it was sold!

4115443532_d719b3d588.jpg

K

kpreed

DodgeDeluxe said:
Ken,

What year Plymouth is that? '40, '41? It sure is a beauty.

Dan
1940 p-10 Coupe, my 1941 Plymouth was a Sedan Delivery. Sold it before I ever drove it.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
ALL matching 1927 Argentine 1911 .45 acp pistol. Purchased in 1993 for $225. Included one mag matched to the pistol. @95-98% original pre-war blue. Damn, I miss her...

Inland m1 carbine. Purchased in 1992 @$200. Was an awesome shooter...let it go because .30 carbine ammo was too expensive.

Bulgarian 9mm Makarov pistol. Beautiful pocket pistol; accurate, reliable. Stupidly sold it because short on cash.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever sold anything. I'm damn good at buying stuff though. I have earmarked certain things around here for potential sale and filled a pretty large trunk with vintage hats, shoes, a letter sweater, shirts, etc. Maybe one day... :p

Smuterella

One Too Many
A stunning, nip waist, 40's Handmacher suit that I sold because it was slightly too small.

I sent it, it came back in the post like a homing pigeon and I felt I wasn't meant to send it on again but I did, out of decency to the purchaser.

Now I have lost weight and pine after it regularly. It didn't want to leave me and i sent it away. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana