Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Beauty Secrets...Revealed!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Price wise it seems very good! Not sure about the product itself tho, never used it.

For a tinted moisturizer, I like Neutrogena Healthy Skin. Boots has one too, never used it! :)

I have the boots tinted moisturizer and well.. its nice.. not my favorite.. but alittle goes along way :) I like to use it for the real quick I dont have time for anything look.. LOL

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
So here's my secret.....green tea.
OK so its not an actual beauty product but I think it is fantastic. Every now and again I use this as a facial cleanser by adding a green tea bag to boiled water with a few drops of lemon juice. I then leave to cool and sweep across my face using cotton wool pads. The antioxidants in the tea are really good for your skin. I then rinse with cold water, apply moisturizer and voila! Lovely fresh skin!

Redifer

New in Town
miss_molly said:
So here's my secret.....green tea.
OK so its not an actual beauty product but I think it is fantastic. Every now and again I use this as a facial cleanser by adding a green tea bag to boiled water with a few drops of lemon juice. I then leave to cool and sweep across my face using cotton wool pads. The antioxidants in the tea are really good for your skin. I then rinse with cold water, apply moisturizer and voila! Lovely fresh skin!

I love green tea. I wash my face with raw honey and green tea every other day. It's amazing.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Skin type with facial treatments?

Gals, when talking about skin products, it's very helpful to mention your skin type! I have combination acne-prone skin. Some ladies may have dry skin, or nice perfect skin, or whatever, and it'll be great to match the product with the skin type!

Love the idea of green tea. I usually just consume it!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I have the boots tinted moisturizer and well.. its nice.. not my favorite.. but alittle goes along way :) I like to use it for the real quick I dont have time for anything look.. LOL

Thanks MBH and LelaViavonie for your thoughts.

Does anyone else have a favorite tinted moisturizer?

Thanks!!

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Gals, when talking about skin products, it's very helpful to mention your skin type! I have combination acne-prone skin. Some ladies may have dry skin, or nice perfect skin, or whatever, and it'll be great to match the product with the skin type!

I have dry-combination skin, but I think green tea would probably be good for most skin types.

Redifer

New in Town
Miss_Bella_Hell said:

Love the idea of green tea. I usually just consume it!

I have combination acne-prone, and also prone to clogged pores.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Joie DeVive said:

Thanks!!

Alot of pro artists like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers. I also like my Merle Norman one. I haven't tried any of the drugstore brands though.

PS

A-List Customer
I second Rebecca on the LM TM. It has enough coverage that I use it alone these days.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Natural oils for moisturizing. But in particular..

cocostick.jpg

I have posted this before but this is probably the cheapest, all cocoa butter block you will find in a carry-able form. Ive used it for YEARS and d you can get it at Walgreens or their website. Its amazing on your hands and the skin LOVES it! I love how it melts into your skin via your own body heat.

AND youll smell like cookies! :D

LD

jayem

A-List Customer
Having been on a salmon diet for the past month (eating salmon at least 5 times a week), I've noticed my skin has been glowing. The omega fatty acids really do the body good... inside and out.

anabolina

A-List Customer
Joie DeVive said:

Thanks!!

I have acne prone combination skin that leans toward dryness right now with the retin-a and benzaclin. The Neutrogena TM broke me out every time I've tried it and I like the finish so I didn't just return it and kept trying it. I actually like the Cover Girl TM, although it doesn't last long and the colors are limited. One of my least favorite TMs is the Revlon Active Light (oily, orangy, settles something awful). Also, the Revlon Foundation that changes color is very light and works pretty well.

I gave up on finding a good TM, so I've started mixing my own. It's really easy and you can customize it to work with your what you've got on that day. Right now I'm mixing that Rimmel liquid foundation with the minerals half and half with the C O Bigelow Deluxe Moisturizer (awesome clearance buy a couple of weeks ago) and it lasts all day, is just enough coverage to even me out and maybe cover the worst of it and doesn't break me out or allow flakies to happen. You can also do this with powdered mineral foundation if you need a bit more moisture. I just mix it in my hands, applyed to a few places on my face and wipe off any excess from my hands before blending it in. Anyway, so this is a great way to use the makeup and lotions you already have and know work. I did try to mix some up and store it, but that didn't work out. I used the CG Cream Foundation and a L'oreal day lotion with SPF 15 and it worked okay, but took more blending than fresh tm did.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Redifer said:
I love green tea. I wash my face with raw honey and green tea every other day. It's amazing.

I drink green tea with raw honey, but have never applied it externally.:D Do you heat the honey so it's not as thick? How do you rinse it off - just water or with a wash cloth?

My skin tends to be dry. In the shower, I use granualted sugar as a scrub to keep it smooth and soft. An added benefit is that if any gets in my mouth, it tastes good! I followup with Cetaphil Hydrating Lotion ($7 in the drugstore) and mix it in my palm with just a couple of drops of lavender oil (from a local farm) and my dry skin is surprisingly fab for the rest of the day.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Tinted moisturizer: I used to use Laura Mercier but I found it a bit too thick for my normal/dry skin. It is lovely though. Now I use Tarte Smooth Operator from Sephora. It goes on really smooth and creamy and lasts all day. I also like Stila too. All of these brands are a bit expensive (~$35) but they last forever so it's worth it.

Sugar scrub: I love Trader Joe's Purify Tangerine Sugar Scrub. It has exfoliating sugar and moisturizing oils. It smells amazing and it's super cheap! I love using it on my legs before I shave. It even works well on my face if I use it gently and stay away from my eyes.

Not so much a beauty secret, but I also love trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Shave Cream. It's amazing!

jayem

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
Not so much a beauty secret, but I also love trader Joe's Honey Mango Moisturizing Shave Cream. It's amazing!

I use that, too. I also love it. It smells lovely and is good for shaving sensitive areas.

Peach witch hazel has been very good to me as of late. Also, the aloe day moisturizer from The Body Shop has worked wonders for my face. It's made without any dyes, scents, or unnecessary chemicals and is perfect for sensitive faces.
Spritzing your hair brushes with perfume makes your hair smell very nice. I use a knock-off version of Chanel No. 5.
Baby oil is the best moisturizer I know off. The trick is to rub it in right after a shower/bath so it absorbs.

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Audrey Horne said:
Tinted moisturizer: I used to use Laura Mercier but I found it a bit too thick for my normal/dry skin. It is lovely though. Now I use Tarte Smooth Operator from Sephora. It goes on really smooth and creamy and lasts all day. I also like Stila too. All of these brands are a bit expensive (~$35) but they last forever so it's worth it.

Sugar scrub: I love Trader Joe's Purify Tangerine Sugar Scrub. It has exfoliating sugar and moisturizing oils. It smells amazing and it's super cheap! I love using it on my legs before I shave. It even works well on my face if I use it gently and stay away from my eyes.

I'll have to go to Traders and check out the sugar scrub. I've always used St. Ives, but I'm afraid of steching my pores. It's harsh.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love the Trader Joe's Sugar Scrub! Cheap and softening! Oily though, careful in the shower.

The "CG Smoothers + High Beam" made my friend come up to me the other day and rave about how good my skin was looking lately. :D :D

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
My skin is dry, it used to be perfect but not anymore ;)

The best single thing I've ever dome for my skin is the oil cleansing method. It is explained here.

It is easy, it is cheap, it is effective (better than any other cleansing method/product I ahve ever tried, and I have tried high end!) removing even the heaviest makeup, and my skin loves it. It works for almost all skin types. I really recommend it.
If your skin is sensitive, it is better to use a flannel instead of a towel though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112