Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Closet & Wardrobe Management

Elaina

One Too Many
lol lol lol lol lol

I wish, but I have all my sewing stuff in here with my computer, so something would have to go and I do gotta sleep sometime.

ETA: by the time you include wall-to-wall furniture, pattern storage, lingerie chest and a dresser, chess table, queen sized bed and a shelf FOR fabric, then add in the ironing board, night stand, depression night stand for sewing junk, a bookcase and an old kitchen table/chair, I made do with what I have. The room is only 12x12 as it is.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
thank you cici! lol i've had some very eccentric benefactors over the years and i'd love to see what that gray wooly 3/4 sleeved garment is hanging in yours, i love woolen items :)
plus omg your shoes!:cool2:

Elaina

One Too Many
hailey greenhat said:
you could always give some of that fabric to me :rolleyes: :D

Haha! Most of it's been gifted to me! I try and treat the fabric as I would a finished garment, which is why it's all over the place, and my utility shelves (which I have most of it on) is slowly getting crowded by other things like boning, pattern boxes, clothes hanging in the way...

SayCici

Practically Family
hailey greenhat said:
thank you cici! lol i've had some very eccentric benefactors over the years and i'd love to see what that gray wooly 3/4 sleeved garment is hanging in yours, i love woolen items :)
plus omg your shoes!:cool2:
I *think* you mean this:
il_430xN.68702712.jpg

But it's not woolen! Hopefully my shoe collection will be improving soon, I only have 1 or 2 vintage pairs.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A friend of mine called me the Queen of pre-fab. Hey, living in box sized apartments, with obscene amounts of clothing/fabric makes you utilize every iota of space. I try to go for a vintage/minimal/slightly industrial look with home.

first.jpg
second.jpg

These are the industrial shelving units you can customize. I LOVE them and they make great closets. The left is my dresses, the right my tops. I made the black covers out of denim to give it a cleaner look.

The closet below is the one that came with the apartment :) Its got that sliding door thing, so only one side is ever open at a time. I use it for my undergarments, jewelry (those black metal drawers) and using a shelf inside, my knitwear and some storage of coats.

IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg

LD

Lorena B

Practically Family
I dont separate Summer from Winter, but what i do is separate are the coats from the rest of clothing.

Shoes go ( the ones i can fit) inside my closet and the ones that cant, generally end up in a couple of shelves in the office room.
I do have a trunk where i put some of my thickest bits like coats and stoles.
Hat generally are in a big round box on top of the closet with head scarfs and gloves.
Underwear and tops go to the chest of drawers with exception of robes and nighties that, i usually keep hanged in the closet.

I would like to mention that the trunk is a great way of storage clothing or even bed spreads, for me, has worked wonderfully helping me to make space in the wardrobe.

Elaina

One Too Many
Shoes and purses hang off the back of my door like this one. Mine holds 21 pairs, and I slip the matching purse on one of them and move it behind the rack/between the door, drape matching belts over them. It's not pretty, but it is organized.

I also have an adjustable chrome floor rack. That typically has shoes I wear more often, and the purses for those hang on one of the things on the door.

While my clothing is hung up all over the place, it is separated into casual clothing, afternoon clothing/dressier clothes and after 5 clothing. If I wear it, I hang it up, and always have, barring clothing I won't wear out of the house (gardening, yard work, etc.) which tend to get tossed into one drawer. I don't care for folding since I have to iron it if it is. I do, however, store winter/summer items depending on the season in the pantry that is where I'm supposed to have a closet. Since it's big enough for food, a freezer and my clothing in a ginormous suitcase and a few garment bags, I don't have to worry too much about that. I don't own a coat (I didn't need one until I moved to TN) but I need to make one, which will go into the pantry when I don't wear it, simply because I have no place to put it.

My aprons are in the kitchen, natch. There's a hat rack when I wash and iron them, they all go hang on. I can pick and choose that way, they're clean when they're on it, and the "used" one or dirty one gets tossed to the back of the chair when I'm not in it, until the evening when it gets put into the laundry basket.

Eventually, I want an actual closet and wardrobe as well as a room that I don't sleep in for sewing, which will help with my clothing storage immensely, as well as being able to keep my shoe collection a little less cluttered looking in my room.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
SayCici said:
Haha, oh no! What about getting one of these:
31HRjqJ9XkL._AA400_.jpg

Just a word of warning about these types that can be adjusted in height and are partially plastic: if you overload them, they collapse quite easily! Trust me, I know. haha!

I'm really enjoying this thread and reading about and seeing how everyone stores their clothing and such. I don't have anything spectacular right now as I'm sharing a closet with my husband (he's military and has a million and one different uniforms and various accessories he has to store in there). The only saving grace is that I snagged two of those plastic drawer bins and stacked them on top of each other in the closet. That works as my temporary chest of drawers right now. Until I find something more sturdy and suitable in the future. ;) Otherwise, everything is packed in on my side and shoes stacked on boxes! I really need to get the clutter under control... lol!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
I'm a total clutterbug. My husband's closet is perfect-everything organized so nicely.

I don't have enough space for everything on one place, so it's sort of scattered. I have skirts, pants, tops and sweaters and shoes in one big closet in my boudior (spare room with my vanity and clothing) and our computer room closet has all of my dresses.

I have dressers in my room and our bedroom with stuff and it's just not organized. I've been looking for a nice low dresser or shelf to put baskets in for my folded tops and sweaters but haven't found anything yet.

Maybe I'll have DH put in a 2nd rack on one side of my closet for more room?

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Tiny bedroom = perfect dressing room

I have a tiny 2 bedroom house....close to 1,000 square feet, give or take of living space. The second bedroom is very small so it became my walk in closet/dressing room. When you live alone and have no children you can do crazy things like that!!! It works very well for me and it's like having a master suite.

3815189061_7395e77ee2.jpg

3816000738_f60794726a.jpg

3815195335_4116592146.jpg

3815202831_e5335b4a29.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
I have a tiny 2 bedroom house....close to 1,000 square feet, give or take of living space. The second bedroom is very small so it became my walk in closet/dressing room. When you live alone and have no children you can do crazy things like that!!! It works very well for me and it's like having a master suite.

3815189061_7395e77ee2.jpg

3816000738_f60794726a.jpg

3815195335_4116592146.jpg

3815202831_e5335b4a29.jpg

I need to pick my jaw up off the floor...
BEAUTIFUL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points