Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite body lotions?

jayem

A-List Customer
I've used the Hempz tinted moisturizer... to me, it was good... but not great.

Fruit of the Earth Gentle Healing Vitamin E Lotion.
Extra Strength Gold Bond Body Lotion.
Teatrical Rose Scented Lanolin Body Cream.
Palmer's Olive Butter Lotion.

I'm a terrible shaver, so the Gold Bond really is a life saver. The smell is a bit too medicinal for me, so I just put the Vitamin E lotion on top, a long with all over the rest of my body. For my chest, I use the Teatrical. I'm going to cry when my tub runs out, since I can't find it ANYWHERE anymore.

Has anybody used straight lanolin before? Results? I heard Marilyn Monroe used it daily on her legs, and on her face when she got too much sun.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I use peanut oil mixed with a few drops of jasmine oil. Regular lotions are never moisturising enough for me.
Doesn't lanolin smell of sheep? I'm not sure I would want that on my body before bedtime :p
It's supposed to be very good though, as it's very similar to the sebum of human bodies or something.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate body lotion
and
Victoria's Secret Strawberries & Champaign body butter

I have to drive down to the States to get both but it is well worth it

retromom147

One of the Regulars
I ADORE the new Yes To Carrots Body butter. It's sold exclusively at walgreens and works wonders!!! I think it's the same company from Israel that used to make my favorite facial peel. They are great...can't wait to try their shampoo, but can't currently find a good reason to get it since I'm not out of shampoo yet.

jayem

A-List Customer
retromom147 said:
I ADORE the new Yes To Carrots Body butter. It's sold exclusively at walgreens and works wonders!!! I think it's the same company from Israel that used to make my favorite facial peel. They are great...can't wait to try their shampoo, but can't currently find a good reason to get it since I'm not out of shampoo yet.

I tried the shampoo and conditioner. I gotta say, it's good but I've had better. To me, Suave works perfectly fine, and smells better.

Dani California

Familiar Face
I bought 2 wonderful products at whole foods on Sunday. Giovanni Touch Body Butter in Lavender Vanilla Snow and also their Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub. The sugar scrub heats up and leaves your silky smooth. They were around $10 each, but totally worth it!

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Nivea Creme (the little tins are just so cute) and Jergens (reminds me of my grandmother- that cherry almond scent!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto