Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite hairdye

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
So I might just be in love with Loreal creme excellence #3, I dyed it last night and it has come out beautifully! very easy to apply, faint but nice smell and I just love the result! I am going for a really dark brunette and this looks great without being black or without being too red, but just really dark brown.

I'll post pics later..

What is your favorite haircolors and dyes?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Whatever it is that Miss Hannah uses, I covet. I need to hop the pond to get me some of that.lol

Madalene Laurae

New in Town
I use Clairol Nice N' Easy, I think 103 is the number, I just always look for the same girl on the box. It doesn't do anything dramatic to my strawberry blonde hair, it brightens it a little and brings a little more of the red out. And the conditioner it comes with makes my hair so smooth.

Lillemor

One Too Many
In the past I've had my hairdresser shift between all over blue black, plum streaks, caramel and bronze streaks. The blue doesn't show, it just intensifies my natural shade.

I'm desperate to grow out and trim away plum streaks from Spring 07. I think I want bronze and caramel for Spring 09 again or some other golden/brown streaks.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I've been colouring my hair since i was 16.not usually anything dramatic, just to enhance my natural dark brown colour.Back then it was always Nice n' Easy Dark Auburn. Now i use Clairol Natural Instincts in Nutmeg Brown.I won't use a permanent dye anymore.I find the ones that wash out after so many shampoos are much gentler.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I like frequent change so the idea of a none permanent dye "shampoo" that just leaves a cast that you may only see in certain lights is beginning to appeal to me. I don't know if I'll see anything on black hair.

The plum streaks were really nice when they were new. If I could have that and similar tones as a cast for a while, that would be really nice.

Can you use the none permanent shampoos on top of hair that's been permanently dyed and/or bleached? I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I'll ask else where if that's more appropriate.

MissHannah

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
Whatever it is that Miss Hannah uses, I covet. I need to hop the pond to get me some of that.lol

That would be Live Colour XXL by Schwarzkopf... in Red Passion or Real Red. It's a cheapy one and doesn't smell too nice but the colour is unbeatable!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:

Yup, that's the Schwarzkopf Live XXL, it's become my favorite too, after MissHannah recommended it! Although I'm too lazy (or busy) to color my hair often enough.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lillemor said:
I like frequent change so the idea of a none permanent dye "shampoo" that just leaves a cast that you may only see in certain lights is beginning to appeal to me. I don't know if I'll see anything on black hair.

The plum streaks were really nice when they were new. If I could have that and similar tones as a cast for a while, that would be really nice.

Can you use the none permanent shampoos on top of hair that's been permanently dyed and/or bleached? I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I'll ask else where if that's more appropriate.

I've done it.The last time i used a permanent dye it was black.which was a HUGE mistake. I don't know what i did but the black dye gripped the ends of my hair and the rest of it turned red. so i am done with permanent. but I have been uses a temp dye over that untill it grows out and it works fine.

I tend to change a lot. For black I use Poly Colour Tint, red I use the Live XXL in some red shade (I recognise the woman on the box but that's about it), sometimes the purple shade and occasionally I do it using Directions Flamingo Pink, Lagoon Blue (for stripes) or Rose Red, depending on the amount of lift I can get from a bleach. My hair probably hates me.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
I use Directions hair colour too and it's brilliant. I use a mixture of Rose Red and Flamingo Pink. It stays for a long time and leaves your hair really soft.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
That would be Live Colour XXL by Schwarzkopf... in Red Passion or Real Red. It's a cheapy one and doesn't smell too nice but the colour is unbeatable!

Over here, Schwarzkopf is professional color only and you can't even get it in the beauty supply houses that sell only to professionals (at least in my area). You have to get it through a respresentative for use in a salon.

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
I havent dyed my hair in a very long time now, but when I dye my hair, I usually use Nice n' Easy in blue black..My hair is naturally black as it is, but it always makes it look a bit more shinny and intense when its dyed...so far that has been the only hair dye I have used and it has never left my hair feeling to dry or brittle...

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
MissHannah said:
Miss hannah,

all of you ladies have the best shades of red colored hair dye over seas!!! I havent seen anyone with such rich, intense, yet appropiate red looking hair color here in the states!!

MissHannah

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
I use Directions hair colour too and it's brilliant. I use a mixture of Rose Red and Flamingo Pink. It stays for a long time and leaves your hair really soft.

I've always found that Directions leaks onto my clothes! Is that because my hair isn't pre-lightened maybe? It's a shame because my colour looks great if I put a pink dye over the top of my regular dye.

If any US ladies would like me to post them some Live XXL drop me a PM.

Josephine

One Too Many
I use henna. I like the way it turns my grey hair almost a pink red and my brown hair auburn, so I have highlights. And in the sun it looks like fire. :D

Kishtu

Practically Family
I used to be the Directions queen (red and black streaks at one point, and then cerise) but I find it washed out SOOOO quick and usually went all over bath, pillows, collars....

Currently au naturelle (that'll be dark ginger, to all intents and purposes then) but toying with the idea of a temp. black.

Anyone suggest a temp black that a) washes out eventually and b) does what it says on the box, ie black rather than a bit of a limp dark brown?

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I like Clairol 'Country Colours' in Grand Canyon. Semi permanent so doesn't dry my hair out too much.

Also like a less permanent version of the live colour, I can't remember what it's called but the shade is something choclatey and it's really cheap! (£2)

K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk