Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

lynnequintana

New in Town
Paul Varjak: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, and you're terrified somebody's going to stick you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somaliland. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. -Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Charlie Mackenzie: So Tony, what's the deal with your clothes?
Tony Giardino: What do ya mean?
Charlie Mackenzie: You look like Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch.
Tony Giardino: What do ya mean? I look hip!
Charlie Mackenzie: No no no no no no, you look like an undercover cop TRYING to look hip.
Tony Giardino: I AM an undercover cop trying to look hip.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

Harriet Michaels: Do you actually like haggis?
Charlie Mackenzie: No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

Charlie Mackenzie: You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called F**k You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground.

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.
Tony Giardino: Shhh!
Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.
Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.
Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.
Tony Giardino: Shh!
Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.
Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.
Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Charlie Mackenzie: I'm smitten. I'm in deep smit.

From So I Married an Axe Murder.

Cheers!

Dan

Diamondback1

New in Town
Chico: Your gun has got you everything you have. Isn't that true?

Vin: Yeah, sure. Everything. After awhile you can call bartenders and faro dealers by their
first name - maybe two hundred of 'em! Rented rooms you live in - five hundred! Meals you eat
in hash houses - a thousand! Home - none! Wife - none! Kids... none! Prospects - zero.

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Greenberg: Mr. Rawitch, what you are I wouldn't eat.
Rawitch: How dare you call me a ham?

Joseph Tura: Well, Colonel, all I can say is... you can't have your cake and shoot it, too.

From To Be or Not To Be (1942)

Cheers!

Dan

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Turkish: What's that?
Tommy: It's me belt Turkish.
Turkish: No it's a gun in your trousers, why've you got a gun in your trousers? What's to stop you blowing your bollocks off every time you sit down?
Tommy: It's for protection.
Turkish: Protection from what? (bad German accent) Ze Germans?

Kahuna

One of the Regulars
From Planes, Trains and Automobiles:

Neal: What's the flight situation?
Del: Simple. There's no way on earth we're going to get out of here tonight. We'd have more luck playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak.

[waking up after sharing the same bed on the motel]
Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

These are my favorite movies :-
1 Harry potter
2 Narnia
3 Prince of Persia
4 Terminator
5 XMen
6 Resident Evil
7 Inception
8 Unstoppable
9 Predator
10 Faster

Tiller

Practically Family
Second Hand Lions:

Hood 1: Hey, who do you think you are, huh?
Garth: Just a dumb kid, Hub. Don't kill him.
Hub: [to Garth] Right.
[Grabs Hood 1 by the throat]
Hub: I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN and loved only one woman with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!

Hub: Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

Walter: What's wrong with him?
Garth: Well, a man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and as restless as ever.
Garth: And him - in his day, he had more spirit than twenty men.

Adult Walter: [answering the phone] Hello?
Sheriff: Walter?
Adult Walter: Yes.
Sheriff: This is Sheriff Brady. I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. It's about your uncles.

Sheriff: Best I can figure, they were trying to fly through that barn, upside down.

The Shootist:
John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Lonesome Dove:
Gus McCrae: A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough.

Woodrow Call: [after beating a man nearly to death for hitting Newt he climbs on his horse and looks at the horrified towns people] I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.

McLintock!:

Drago: I'm sorry Katherine - that Katie just slipped out from times when I remember you as being nice people...
Katherine McClintock: Are you going to stand there with that stupid look on your face while the hired help insults your wife?
George Washington McLintock: He can't help it - he's just ignorant. He doesn't know any better than to tell the truth. And I can't help this stupid look. I started acquiring it as you gained in social prominence!

George Washington McLintock: If these settlers get burned out, there'll be a lot of hollerin' that this country is too wild to be a state. We'll go on bein' a territory some more, with a lot of political appointees runnin' it according to what they learned in some college where they think cows are somethin' you milk and Indians are somethin' in front of a cigar store.

Drago: Boss, what's "reactionary" mean?
George Washington McLintock: Me, I guess. He says that anyone who wanted to sell at a profit is a reactionary.
Drago: Were we reactionary back in them days, when we were selling beef at 6 cents a pound on the huff?
McLintock: No use in arguing with him, college boy an all.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Turkish: What's that?
Tommy: It's me belt Turkish.
Turkish: No it's a gun in your trousers, why've you got a gun in your trousers? What's to stop you blowing your bollocks off every time you sit down?
Tommy: It's for protection.
Turkish: Protection from what? (bad German accent) Ze Germans?

.."Snatch.". Great one.

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
and
After all... tomorrow is another day.... BEST quote ever!
both from "Gone with the wind"

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
.."Snatch.". Great one.

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."
and
After all... tomorrow is another day.... BEST quote ever!
both from "Gone with the wind"

I love GWTW and always admired Scarlett for doing what was necessary. Her tragedy was not recognizing the great love Rhett had for her and the impossibility of her love for Ashley.

Chas

One Too Many
"Groundhog Day"

Phil: "look, don't you have a special line for celebrities or emergencies? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency......what about the satellite? Is it snowing in space?"

My favorite Bill Murray line is the one I have never heard, however. At the end of "Lost In Translation".

Last edited:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
On the topic of Secondhand Lions:

Hub: I hate it! I hate it!
Garth: We're retired, farming is what retired folk do! It'll make you live to be a hundred.
Hub: Well the hell with that! (Throws his rake) You live to be a hundred! (stalks off.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko