Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Suit

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Many who own a decent amount of suits, new or old, probably have a favorite suit which they wear on special occasion or they just can't take their eyes off of it, let alone can anyone else. I own only one vintage suit, and it's become one of these suits, though not a favorite. If you have a favorite suit, please present it! :)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
could'nt pick one. . .

. . .but it's a toss up between these two:

'39 union tagged, double breasted grey herringbone. In near deadstock condition. It was being sold as separates; in total it set me back $80.
PICT0003-5.jpg

Pants are flat front with a button-fly.
PICT0008-3.jpg

Tied for first is this ''49 union tagged brown tweed patch pocket. It has sporadic moth damage, but with a texture that is this busy, it's nigh impossible to tell.
tweedpatchpocket.jpg

Hollywood waisted trousers.
detail.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have a tailor-made 3 button, single breasted 3 piece suit in gray English cashmere which is my absolute favourite, although I get to wear it fairly rarely. It is by far my most favourite and when I have to wear a suit all of my others usually get passed over. I'll try and take some snaps of it and post them here.

Rooster

Practically Family
This is the only older vintage suit I have, so it's my current fav. Nifty alternating herringbone weave.
brownsuit1.jpg
[/IMG]
brownsuit3.jpg
[/IMG]
Then there's always this jacket, I seem to put it on almost every day lately.[huh]
plaidjacket.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points