Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most hideous vintage tie.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Aw, c'mon. These ties aren't bad--they have character. The one's I can't stand either have a nasty color combination (anything carrot orange or mustard yellow, for example), or are just plain boring. Boring's worse than ugly, in my opinion.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
This one actually won an ugly tie contest a while ago...:eek:

tie-1.jpg
[/IMG]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
There's this vegetarian restaurant just down the street from me....;)

Snerk!

It wouldn't be too awful if it was just the Northern Lights background or just the cow head (well, ok, maybe it would be awful with just the cow head), but the combination of the two is pretty scary.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
I see a big red eye staring out at me. Truly disturbing tie. I like it. :) :eusa_clap

It's a tie! It's a Rorschach test! It's a Rorschach test in a tie!

I see a big, gaping gunshot wound. I'm not sure I want to know what that interpretation says about me, though.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My little wing in the Hall of Shame

I dunno, some days I love these guys, some days I hate 'em. The one with the horses was bought at the Salvation Army on 125th St about 20 years ago. It had some old gentleman's entire diet over a 30 year period dribbled down its front. I took it to the cleaner, who basically permanently fused the food molecules with the rayon molecules. The others have no particular story, other than when the old tie bug bites, strange things happen.
Uglyties1.jpg

I think the orange and blue one is especially shocking, don't you?
Uglyties2.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Uglyties1.jpg

No offense (actually, on this thread it's kind of a complement) but I think that one with the flamingos is a runner up to Bessie the cow--the red clouds of doom look particularly evil. And horses again, what's with the horses?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I guess I'd call this one 'bizarrely' ugly. I've had it for years yet I have no idea what's going on with it. The label says 'J. Galet' All Silk, Beverly Hills. Any ideas?

tie2-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112