Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Opinions on this ribbon...

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Thinking of getting rid of this stained hat ribbon on my Stetson Open Road...

ribbontryout_03.jpg

I have made a mock up and just laid it on the hat to get an idea of what it might look like. What do you guys think? And I just want your opinions. If YOU would wear it. This is personal feelings here. Does it seem to go with the hat style? Colors right? etc.

ribbontryout_01.jpg

ribbontryout_02.jpg

Or should I go with a 7/8 inch dark brown instead...

ribbontryout_04.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I think they both would look great, but I’d lean towards the striped ribbon myself. Gives it some added flair without being overpowering or drawing too much attention and the colors look to match very well. Gives it a classy, yet not too formal look.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
RBH said:
I vote for another thin ribbon.
Or clean the hat best you can and leave the ribbon and let the hat have character.

Interesting points, too. I have tried to clean this one, but that staid in the ribbon is stubborn, unfortunately.

I do like the dark brown, too.

Big_e

Practically Family
I vote for the striped ribbon...though there is nothing at all wrong with the dark one. The striped ribbon seems more versatile and goes with most things that one would wear.
Ernest

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
It depends on what you're going for. They both look good, but the striped one is more fun; the dark brown one, more serious.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
thumbs up...but

i like the ribbon, matches the felt.

i think it would look better though if the bow was tacked down better and made the corners of the loops sharp. the open loops look a bit whimsical, not my thing..

otherwise :D

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Not attached yet...

cybergentleman said:
i think it would look better though if the bow was tacked down better..

I only have it sitting there. It isn't tacked on at all. I just draped it there so everyone could get an idea of what it might look like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk