Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Past, Present, Current and Future Concerts

Dan G

One of the Regulars
duh, duh duh , duh duh, duh, duhduh duh duhduh - duh duh, duh duh duhduh duhduh duh, duh, duhduh train kept a rollin all night long, duh, duhduh, duhduh, duhduh, duh, duh ,duhduh. :whistling :eusa_booh

I know all the words too, but who could forget one of the sweetest guitar riffs ever to grace the human ear?!?! oh yea!!lol

edit- I also really wanna see Jethro Tull too. I guess they still tour, but mostly Europe.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First Concert: KISS
Last Concert: Rockabilly legend Robert Gordon
Future Concert(s): The Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekend next week!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lets see:
MASSIVE ATTACK!!!Oh mamma that was a slamin' time. My favorite band EVER!!!!

Ive seen Rufus Wainwright in concert 3 times (and will continue to see him when he comes to SF).

The rockinist concert Ive seen was Tears For Fears when their new album came out a year or so ago! Man that was rad!

At the Great American Music hall (a block from my home :D ),I saw Duncan Sheik for the second time. *swoon*

The concert I kick myself for not going to was The Gotan Project last year :rage:

I hope to see Alabama 3 (if they ever tour the US :rolleyes: ).

LD

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
What was the last musical concert you attended?
i think it was sleater-kinney. i haven't gone to many shows lately...

What was the first musical concert you attended?
the 2nd annual KROQ weenie roast - in 1994. i got the complete lineup from wikipedia - The Afghan Whigs, Beck, Candlebox, Counting Crows, Frente!, Green Day, James, The Offspring, Oingo Boingo, Pavement, The Pretenders, Rollins Band, The Violent Femmes.

What musical concert will you be attending soon?
i'd really like to see regina spektor next month. i have no idea if it's sold out yet though.

Any stories relating to the concert(s)?
not related to these concerts, but once-upon-a-time the drummer of the toasters kissed me on the cheek and called me a "bad-ass rudegirl" after a show :D also, i caught flowers that had been in morrissey's hand at a concert a few years ago. i still have them!

SGB

One of the Regulars
Dan G said:
duh, duh duh , duh duh, duh, duhduh duh duhduh - duh duh, duh duh duhduh duhduh duh, duh, duhduh train kept a rollin all night long, duh, duhduh, duhduh, duhduh, duh, duh ,duhduh. :whistling :eusa_booh

I know all the words too, but who could forget one of the sweetest guitar riffs ever to grace the human ear?!?! oh yea!!lol

edit- I also really wanna see Jethro Tull too. I guess they still tour, but mostly Europe.

"Train Kept a Rollin' ", my favorite Yardbirds song, it was awesome live. Led Zepplin opened with it at the Carousel Ballroom in SF on their first tour. Have you heard "Stroll On" from the movie "Blow Up"?

Saw Jethro Tull a number of times, at the Fillmore in SF and in a small hall at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, where there was a tiny stage and no dressing rooms, the band just took a break on the lawn outside the hall. We all went out and sat with them on the grass. Procul Harum opened for them.

SGB

celtic

A-List Customer
seems like forever ago. can't remember if it was Lords of Acid or Horton Heat....

first 'real' one i can recall is The Irish Rovers with my parents as a child.

none planned. last planned one fell through - had tickets to see Social Distortion but they cancelled.

nothing too crazy. have met a bunch of performers, blah, blah blah.

oh, i was kicked out of a RevHo concert for slamdancing once. talked my way back in. ahhh booze: the cause of and answer to all of life's problems. :(

mikepara

Practically Family
Great thread

First: 1978? Bo Diddley / Carl Perkins Newcastle City Hall.

Best: The Clash 1980 Mayfair Newcastle

Next: would like it to be Patty Smith

Would love to have seen: Frank Sinatra and Johnny Cash

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
First: Chicago in 1970 (at the Tanglewood Festival in MA). This was my first rock concert, but I had already attended some NY Philharmonic concerts at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx before that.

Latest: Folkies Lucy Kaplansky and Richard Shindell a few months ago (at the beautifully restored 1930 Paramount Theater in Peekskill, NY)

Next: Nothing scheduled as yet. I don't do rock or jazz much nowadays, but I still keep my hand in with folkies (David Bromberg, Michelle Shocked), bluegrass types (Alison Krauss, David Grisman), and occasionally some classical...

Stories: I have no idea how to narrow this down given a lifetime of avid concertgoing, both classical (NY Philharmonic, Mostly Mozart Festival, assorted student orchestras and chamber groups), rock/folk/blues (too many to list, but including 40+ Grateful Dead shows 1976-1993), and jazz (Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Mann, Dave Brubeck, Modern Jazz Quartet, Jim Hall, Jon Hendricks, Tal Farlow, Doc Cheatum, Clark Terry, etc.) Not surprisingly, the Grateful Dead shows generally produced the wildest adventures, but there were fascinating moments throughout - like getting Leonard Bernstein's autograph, and striking up a conversation with John Lewis in the tiny bathroom when I saw the Modern Jazz Quartet at NYC's Blue Note!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Honestly couldn't tell you the first...I have had the misfortune of living in some pretty out of the way places and really not had a lot of opportunities to listen to a lot of live music....

The LAST concert that i went to was see "SIMPLE PLAN" with my 10 year-old last year.for those who have not experienced such a thing as a adult, i really cannot explain adequately the pain of having rows upon rows of 11-13 yearold girls screaming in your ear(5000 of them to be exact) But the thrill of watching a child experience live music(of that magnitude) for the first time, is not something i will soon forget.

Probably, the concert i think about the most, happened 2 years ago at our Jazz festival here in Halifax. I have long been a fan of Jeff Healey & the Jazz Wizards and i made sure i was there in the front row,For those not familiar with Jeff he is from Toronto, plays 20's & 30's jazz and is legally blind.He is an amazing musician and his passion for the music of this era is quite evident. The only thing, his being blind has to do with this, is when the spirit moved him,as it always does, to get up and dance on the stage. It was really an amazing musical experience, not to mention the drama of wondering if Jeff & guitar weer going to end up in my lap!lol

The next concert?..not sure, but it will be this year's Jazz festival in July.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
A concert to benefit the Lily Clair Foundaton which had Sugar Ray, Vanessa Carlton, and more
That would have been headlining the band Bush, with opening acts Foo Fighters and No Doubt
Hopefull PetaPalooza, which benefits non profit animal shelters etc here, featuring HelloGoodbye, Bowling for Soup, and 2 others I have never heard of
No, unfortunately

Dan G

One of the Regulars
SGB said:
"Train Kept a Rollin' ", my favorite Yardbirds song, it was awesome live. Led Zepplin opened with it at the Carousel Ballroom in SF on their first tour. Have you heard "Stroll On" from the movie "Blow Up"?

Saw Jethro Tull a number of times, at the Fillmore in SF and in a small hall at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, where there was a tiny stage and no dressing rooms, the band just took a break on the lawn outside the hall. We all went out and sat with them on the grass. Procul Harum opened for them.

SGB

SWEET!!!:eek: Heck yea that was awesome!! Remember when Jeff Beck destroys his guitar!?! Then to top it off he throws the neck and strings into the crowd!! I was so stoked!lol lol Those people didn't have any idea what to think about the Yardbirds!!

Jethro Tull is rockin! I hear they're pretty cool guys in real life. What tour did you see?! Heavy Horses was my favorite album, but Original Masters had excellent songs from all albums. even though I'm not a fan of greatest hits albums(they always seem to miss the real gems) Procol Harum is sweet too!

Dude you have no idea how stoked I am!:D

Brooksie

One Too Many
Last concert I saw just ended an hour ago... tonight, I went and saw the Glenn Miller Orchestra!

First concert - I would have to say a blue grass band when I was about 6 or 7, my parents used to take my brother's and I to a lot of live musical events when I was growing up in Portland Oregon. Every weekend durring the summer there was always free live music playing in the parks, stuff like blue grass and jazz.

Next concert - I would love to see the Stolen Sweets and I would also love to see Jill Tracy and the Malcontent Orchestra.

Stories - I saw a Dick Dale concert in Silverton Oregon 4 years ago and Dick Dale invited my friend and I to hang out and party with the band after the concert but we declined because I was getting married the next day! I guess I should have partied while I had the chance because the marriage only lasted 2 years. (But I would not have at all because I am not that kind of girl!)

Brooksie

SGB

One of the Regulars
Dan G said:
SWEET!!!:eek: Heck yea that was awesome!! Remember when Jeff Beck destroys his guitar!?! Then to top it off he throws the neck and strings into the crowd!! I was so stoked!lol lol Those people didn't have any idea what to think about the Yardbirds!!

Jethro Tull is rockin! I hear they're pretty cool guys in real life. What tour did you see?! Heavy Horses was my favorite album, but Original Masters had excellent songs from all albums. even though I'm not a fan of greatest hits albums(they always seem to miss the real gems) Procol Harum is sweet too!

Dude you have no idea how stoked I am!:D

I saw Jethro Tull at the Fillmore on their first tour, and the Show at the County Fairgrounds was right after that, real early stuff, their first album had just been released. I really enjoyed Procol Harum, still do.
The Director wanted the WHO for "Blow Up" but they weren't available, that's why he had Beck destroy the guitar (which was a cheap junker), ala Pete Townsend. I'm also a big Jeff Beck fan and saw him with most of his various band ensembles except the current one. I saw the WHO 15-20 times, awesome live.
I'm glad I got to go to so many good shows, living in N. CA I went to the Fillmore and Avalon Ballrooms every weekend (a 60 mile trip, started going when I was 17), then the Carousel, Winterland etc, as the venues changed. I worked for a small newspaper for awhile and had press credentials so I saw all the shows free and had press seats, met a lot of the musicians. I probably saw all the big acts except the Beatles, our band had a gig the night they played at Candlestick (their last live performance, except for the rooftop one at Apple which I missed by a month), I wanted to cancel us and see the Beatles but the band said no we'll see them next time......
Who else do you like?

SGB

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
First: Neil Diamond with my parents, I was 6 :)

My first concert that I chose to go to: Soul Asylum and the Screaming Trees

Last concert: Blue October. I LOVE that band. Their music is amazing, unique, and very pertinent to my life

Concert I brag about: Seeing Pink Floyd in 1994. Amazing show!

Most seen Band: The Misfits (and incidentally Gwar, they were on tour together alot :(). I lost track of how many times - 13? They are amazingly nice guys. We got to be friends and I was always on the comp list if there was a show on the East Coast. Some of the best memories of my life!

Favorite Show: My first Tori Amos concert. I cried the entire time and cried for days afterwards. She touched my soul. I cherish each of the times I have seen her. They are like little treasures I hold near to my heart.

Next Show: My Hubby loves Otep and has missed seeing them a few times because I like the punk but he likes the metal stuff. I may go just so that he will go :) There is also a cool band with a girl singer called Flyleaf that will be near here. We may go to that too

Dan G

One of the Regulars
SGB said:
I saw Jethro Tull at the Fillmore on their first tour, and the Show at the County Fairgrounds was right after that, real early stuff, their first album had just been released. I really enjoyed Procol Harum, still do.
The Director wanted the WHO for "Blow Up" but they weren't available, that's why he had Beck destroy the guitar (which was a cheap junker), ala Pete Townsend. I'm also a big Jeff Beck fan and saw him with most of his various band ensembles except the current one. I saw the WHO 15-20 times, awesome live.
I'm glad I got to go to so many good shows, living in N. CA I went to the Fillmore and Avalon Ballrooms every weekend (a 60 mile trip, started going when I was 17), then the Carousel, Winterland etc, as the venues changed. I worked for a small newspaper for awhile and had press credentials so I saw all the shows free and had press seats, met a lot of the musicians. I probably saw all the big acts except the Beatles, our band had a gig the night they played at Candlestick (their last live performance, except for the rooftop one at Apple which I missed by a month), I wanted to cancel us and see the Beatles but the band said no we'll see them next time......
Who else do you like?

SGB

My favorite Tull albums were the first through Heavy Horses anyway. The Who one of my favorites!! Roger Daltrey had some pipes!
Dude I'm so bummed, most of the bands I like are either dead or broken up...:( I got robbed, I'm a 60's and 70's music child born in the 80's.
I'm into all that old stuff, the good stuff.;) I recently rediscovered my Heart collection, and my Pink Floyd collection too. I'm definitely in love with Ann Wilson from about 1978.lol

That sounds like the life! Seeing shows on press credentials and all!:eusa_clap

pigeon toe

One Too Many
The last concert I attended was the final show for this Brazilian psychobilly band Os Catalepticos. They are one of my favorite bands, but the way psycho shows are set up in LA make it impossible to enjoy the headliner. They have about a million awful local bands play, a few good ones, and then the headlining band about 6 hours later. By the time the band that I actually went to see comes on, I'm pooped!

The first concert I attended was the Spice Girls! I had good connections in 4th grade! One of my close friend's dad's worked for Virgin Records, so for her birthday party he got us backstage passes and everything. It was a dream come true meeting the Spice Girls when I was 9!

I don't have any shows planned quite yet, though I think the Polecats will be playing in LA soon, as well as Nekromantix, which are two favorite bands of mine. So I'll probably make it out for those shows.

The most humiliating show experience of mine was this past summer at the Hellcat Records secret show with Nekromantix headlining. A bunch of punk bands were playing first, but the majority of the people there weren't waiting to see them, so there were only 3 guys moshing and they were going insane and being totally obnoxious. Anyway, one of them bumps into my boyfriend, who bumped into me, and I went FLYING 6 feet through the air and landed just an inch in front of the amp behind me and fell straight on my bum! If I had landed only an inch back I would have landed sitting on the amp, which would have been a lot less embarrassing and almost amazing!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
The last concert I attended was the final show for this Brazilian psychobilly band Os Catalepticos.

I don't have any shows planned quite yet, though I think the Polecats will be playing in LA soon, as well as Nekromantix, which are two favorite bands of mine. So I'll probably make it out for those shows.

Ohhh....do Os Catalepticos sing in Portuguese? I just may have to find some of there stuff if they do......

and mmmmmm Nekromantix....I was probably the oldest person at the HOB last year to see them....but who cares....I just -heart- them.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Ohhh....do Os Catalepticos sing in Portuguese? I just may have to find some of there stuff if they do......

and mmmmmm Nekromantix....I was probably the oldest person at the HOB last year to see them....but who cares....I just -heart- them.

Os Catalepticos sings in broken english! They are more metal psychobilly though, they don't have really any discernible rockabilly or surf influence, just a really amazingly fast bass player!

I love Nekromantix too! I've seen them probably three or four times. I heard their new album that's coming out soon is great too!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
pigeon toe said:
Os Catalepticos sings in broken english! They are more metal psychobilly though, they don't have really any discernible rockabilly or surf influence, just a really amazingly fast bass player!

I love Nekromantix too! I've seen them probably three or four times. I heard their new album that's coming out soon is great too!

I don't mind metal-y things....

slightly sick and twisted stuff suits the former goth that I am....hehe...

I have only seen Nekros twice...but hootenanny doesnt really count as it was such a short set....

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The second concert I have gone to was for Pink Martini. The Wiltern Theater had a full house. Even from the highest row, it was magic. They sang in 7 different languages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto