Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Paul Frederick order has been shipped (!)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Of course those are Balmorals (a word a would never have known if I never had come to this joint). I was thinking the section with the laces and the tow would be dark, and only the section between the laces and the tow would be light.
BTW, getting back to the original shooes, I also got the matching belt. Oh, man. I am sooo cool since I joined the Fedora Lounge. :)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Now that I realize that these shoes are meant to be worn in summer, or warm climates, they make so much more sense. You will see them on me at Governor's Island. I LOVE them. :)

Very appropriate venue for those specs!

The pix of the PF specs just got to show how the pix taken for PF cattledogs are crap....like Allan Edmonds...and in the flesh they are spectacular.

I just got a linen suit on sale from PF that looked okay in the internet cattledog but when I got it to Australia it was an excellent (in the Phillipines) well made suit (usually USD250) in a Belgian Delave Linen material called cinnamon plaid.

My alterations guy was knocked out at the look of the suit and quality of the manufacture...it cost USD89..I wish I had bought the other style as well. PF,s fractional fitting saves you a lot of dough on alterations.

Son_of_Atropos said:
Nice shoes, I have been waiting forever for these but they are never in stock.

http://www.zappos.com/product/7309954/color/96351

A few of these show up on the 'Bay. The Bourbon and Bone version looks spectacular but the were a failure when they were instituted as the replacement for the Broadstreets. The reason? See above.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
6218-401080-d.jpg

"Oh Goodness these are perfect!" the design really does scream , "Streamline Moderne" spectacular!!!! Imagine a matching briefcase!!!!!! (the suede "Variation on a Theme is rather charming too )"

Live rates at 2009.03.11 09:52:09 UTC
265.00 USD
=
411.486 AUD
United States Dollars Australia Dollars
1 USD = 1.55278 AUD 1 AUD = 0.644008 USD

price all uincluding postage to Swan River Colony Australia!

Its very "Do-Able" just worried they may go bust, with my money!!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BinkieBaumont said:
I was day dreaming and thought what if I purchased an ecconomical brogue in a light tan colour, mixed up some fabric or hair dye and pained the toe caps and other, upper section of the shoe to create a two tone black and tan wingtip, has anyone ever tried it?, it sounds do-able

I told a cove at the office about my idea he rolled his eyes?

7292-KESWICK-CSHADE.jpg

Before the paint job

Binky - DON'T do it. As others have already suggested, the dye job will come out uneven, unmatched and blotchy...at best. At worst - immediately hurled into the dustbin, with many tears over the wasted funds. Save the money for what you really want, instead of just making due with a substandard substitute that's been altered. You'll always feel "funny" about them, and invariably, someone (usually the hated rival in the crowd) will siddle up to comment on them. "Nice shoes...before you spilled paint on them." Furthermore, you'll value and be prouder of the real thing more if you have to wait a bit to afford them.

Almost anyone on the Lounge who has bought a cheaper version of a particular item and tried to "fix it" or make it into something it's not has, by and large, been disappointed. We've all been there. What possessed me, 25 years ago, to strip & sand Grandma's "old" 20s telephone table because oak was blah, and staining it a dark brown cherry was more the in color? After a couple years, I grew to detest it, moreso after learning what quarter-sawn oak was and who Stickley was and how my "modernizing" severly devalued it, if not made it worthless.

Last but not least, freshly dyed shoes make one horrific stain across the wall(s) when you hurl them across the room in disgust at your handywork whilst aiming for, and missing, the aforementioned dustbin... If that's already happened - you'll need white or silver oil-based paint to cover the stain, and then repaint the whole wall. Otherwise, over time, the shoe stain will keep ghosting through the water-based latex like the Shroud of Turin. It wasn't shoe dye, it wasn't me, but I know a little about a lot of things. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana