Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Perfectly Ingenious Closet

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Guys & Dolls:
All those ties, dresses, sweaters, trousers, shoes, coats, scarves, skirts...

At some point everyone must tire of tripping over the closet floor, having boxes fall off the shelf, and losing track of items we like.
I know I am!

So how do you deal with it? Stackable closet cubes? Walk-in closet? Pile it in the corner and weed through as needed?

Show us your perfectly ingenious closeting solution!

Baggers

Practically Family
Suffering from the same problem, I'd be curious to hear some ideas too. Preferably ones that don't involve renting offsite storage rooms or major home improvement projects. ;)

Cheers!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
One solution that I've come up with is first seperating the winter clothes from the summer one's. Say if it's winter time, put all the summer attire into a container and put it away until it is needed. I also have a shoe rack that is great for keeping my shoes in one area, and it looks very organized.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Time to get organizized

I already sleep in the living room. Shoe racks are hanging from several doors. I have 5 garment racks and am going to assemble 2 more. Stuff I am not using now goes into cartons piled up in corners. Covered boxes that held copier paper are the best, also library book boxes and hanger boxes from the drycleaners. Over-the-door hangers are on a few doors as well, the really heavy-duty ones can hold a lot and clothes are easy to look through this way. Chest of drawers hold undergarments and sleepwear, tshirts to wear to work where it's hot and sweatshirts to wear around the cold house. Purses are lined up by color on bookcase shelves. (I'm storing my dad's 5000 books little by little in cartons on the back porch until I post them for selling). Hats are on the tip-top of the shelves. What's in the closets? Who knows, haven't gotten to them for months! :rolleyes:

JamesT1

Familiar Face
My Closet:

12_29_2.jpg

Ties, Coats, Scarves:

12_29_1.jpg

12_29_4.jpg

My Suits:

12_29_3.jpg

Sweaters, colognes, the wood box on top if for jewellery (cufflinks...):

12_29_5.jpg

JamesT1

Familiar Face
scotrace said:
That's the sort of thing I'm looking for JamesT1 - great idea - a small dresser in the closet!

Thank you, Sir.

I also found that setting up the bottom of the closet in two tiers helps with finding room for the shoes while still allowing ease of retrieval.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I turned a spare bedroom into my closet, equipped with a chaise lounge and a television. After showering in the morning, I relax on the chaise, have a cup of coffee, watch TV and contemplate the wardrobe selection for the day.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Miss Crisplock said:
Does someone to bring the morning paper on a tray? Is his name Bunter?
I assume you're referring to me, MissC. ..........No, I don't like to read immediately upon awakening, TV and radio is much more enjoyable. And, I make my own coffee, though Trixie serves me breakfast. ;)

Will

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
I turned a spare bedroom into my closet, equipped with a chaise lounge and a television. After showering in the morning, I relax on the chaise, have a cup of coffee, watch TV and contemplate the wardrobe selection for the day.

Plus a treadmill for jogging while watching the morning news and thinking about whether that necktie really works with that shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko