Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your powder room....

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
Here's my dresser. I have a 1930s dresser and robes. I put little rubber stoppers under the glass top on the dresser so I can display some of my compacts and vintage jewellery.

That is so clever! I don't know if I would have thought of that, but what a great way to display those beautiful trinkets!

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
swinggal- you have a beautiful dressing table. A very unique way of displaying your beauties! I think you are going to create a trend with displaying powder room treasures =D

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Beautiful dressers ladies! Nice to get some ideas for displays/ practicalities. Here's mine..........

328.jpg

327.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Muji also do some great stackable boxes that you can use for make-up - again I was forgetting what I had as I had them stored in a kind of travel case - this way I can quickly get my hands on what I need:

photo.jpg

I can't wait for the day that me and my dressing table will be reunited - but for the moment these little boxes will more than do....

Slightly off-topic, but I'm a member of another forum devoted to designer fashion, beauty & handbags. The ladies there are downright obsessed with Muji organizers, and the "clear cube" the Kardashians apparently use for makeup storage. I have a machinist's chest my husband bought me, but if I didn't, I'd definitely get the Muji organizer.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Slightly off-topic, but I'm a member of another forum devoted to designer fashion, beauty & handbags. The ladies there are downright obsessed with Muji organizers, and the "clear cube" the Kardashians apparently use for makeup storage. I have a machinist's chest my husband bought me, but if I didn't, I'd definitely get the Muji organizer.

I had no idea what to use to store my make-up and I saw them on an Irish beauty website (beaut.ie) and I thought the stackable boxes were genius! I don't know anything really about the Kardashian's but judging by the amount of slap they wear the clear cubes must be the size of a bus shelter.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ :lol: I don't follow the Kardashians either. I just know there was an entire 50+ page thread devoted to the Muji/clear cube system, with several screencaps from their reality show showing the cubes in use.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Here's my dresser. I have a 1930s dresser and robes. I put little rubber stoppers under the glass top on the dresser so I can display some of my compacts and vintage jewellery.

IMG_0112.jpg

Wow I adore you're brush holder! I have a stork one currently housing mine which my Mum was given flowers in when I was born :D My bengal knocked it off one day so it has a chip in now, cats ey?

I moved house and now have a dressing room/walk in wardrobe which is a complete mess right now but amazing to have! :cool: (my actual bedroom is preety teeny that's why I have the 2nd room to house my clothes/junk)

I'd been looking for a triple mirror to go on top of my dressing table for an age, and finally got one in january, it's so beautiful and the old lady I bought it from said she can remember watching her Mum had used going back to the 40's, I almost cried it was so emotional hearing the story. Will get some pics this weekend.

Loving all your pics ladies, more more!! :eusa_clap

Grant Fan

Practically Family
here is my dressing table it's in our guest bedroom, it's part of my 1940s waterfall set. There should be a glass shelf but every time I put one in there it breaks, so I have stopped trying.
retro007.jpg

retro008.jpg

retro006.jpg

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
I love this thread!
Photoon3-17-12at916PM3-1.jpg

Me at my vanity
Sorry all my friends have instagram so this is what all the pictures they take of me look like.

Photoon4-1-12at1038PM.jpg

One of my shoe and hat closets.

Photoon4-1-12at1040PM2.jpg

Photoon4-1-12at1040PM.jpg

I know it's a little blurry but Grant Fan might be happy to notice the clip on my vanity that I was wearing the other day.

Last edited:

swinggal

One Too Many
Very cute GF! As for the glass, it's needs to be tempered glass which is toughened and won't break, unless you drop it of course! The glass on mine is about 5 mm thick and it has a bevelled edge. Just got to glass place and get a tempered piece cut for you. Normal glass just isn't strong enough.

swinggal

One Too Many
Thanks Ada! The head-vase actually holds my 30s water waving combs but certainly could hold brushes. I have 3 ladies, the other two are on a set of drawers and one of them is a hat-pin holder as well as a vase. :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
In the house I moved out of just about a year ago..there was a small adjoining room off the master bedroom. It had a little window and built in shelves.I decided immediately it would become my dressing room. I had a long dresser with mirror that fit exactly between 2 walls and all my makeup,hair tools, shoes, purses,accessories all were kept in there, and i had a stool that I would sit on to get ready. It was such a quiet spot and i could go in there in the mornings , shut the door and start my day in peace and quiet. I miss it so much !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ