Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Very Dry Gin( For the benefit of those who think you can actually make it with something else and still call it a...) Martini, shaken ,3 olives, please:D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mine used to be a Midori sour....because I really like fruity drinks...

Then someone I was dating made me a gin and tonic...and I loved it...

However, I would really like a signature drink that isn't so ..humdrum and -everyone- drinks that...

But obviously I lack the individuality to come up with anything better.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Maker's Manhattan, up, through colder weather. It's becoming Martini weather now.
I want to try an Old Fashioned, a Sidecar, and a Mojito.
But I want to save them to have with Fedora Lounge folk.

olive bleu

One Too Many
oh, we're allowed to talk about seasonal cocktails?..i mainly drink Martini's all summer. In the fall & winter i just drink scotch.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
olive bleu said:
oh, we're allowed to talk about seasonal cocktails?..i mainly drink Martini's all summer. In the fall & winter i just drink scotch.

Senator Jack has awakened a huge love of scotch in me, for which I am grateful!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
MAGNAVERDE said:
It turned out to be a tray of sugar-rimmed Sidecars [...] they were so good & so deceptively, wickedly smooth--and, too, so numerous, far more numerous in fact than they would have been had I been drinking my usual martinis--that by the end of the last set, I'm afraid the whole table was wasted.
Sidecars. MANALIVE! are they tasty. But I'd be more likely to order a vodkatini with a twist, or one of my usual unmixes (whiskey or wine).

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Washington Apple or Apple Martini for me, enjoyed for the taste and not the buzz.

Sidecars, yes I've had one, liked it. ...and haven't found a place or bartender since that knows what they are! Ditto that for a Cable Car.

I had a couple of Mai Tais over the weekend in -where else?- Hawaii. They must have been mixing them VERY strong, because they were much too bitter for my taste and even my supervisor (twice my size) got sick. Suffice to say, I'll be staying away from the exotic tropical stuff.

olive bleu

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Senator Jack has awakened a huge love of scotch in me, for which I am grateful!

Adulations, Senator Jack:eusa_clap Scott, As a person of Scottish Ancestry,(and lover of fine Whisky) let me warmly welcome you to the society of the 'immortal bottle':D

fourstarbanner

One of the Regulars
I'm a fan of either amaretto sours or southern tropics. I don't quite remember what goes in southern tropics-i believe its southern comfort, raspberry vodka, and Sprite.

If anyone knows for sure, let me know.

griffer

Practically Family
A few of my favorite things...

-Newcastle, tap only, not a cocktail

-Scotch, Laphroaig preferred Johnny in a pinch, black for winter, red for summer, with a twist, not a cocktail.

-A vaguely dirty Sapphire martini.

-Dreamsicle at the Velvet Dog in NOLA, when I am there.

Washington

New in Town
I've found the older I get (and I'm not that old), the more I prefer getting as close to the 'source' as I can. Every now and then I'll think I want a mixed drink as I stare at my overflowing liquor cabinet, but I quickly realize they're a pain to make and I just don't care for them.

If I'm known for anything its a martini, gin of course with a twist. At home though, I'm lazy and can't be bothered to keep fresh lemons in the house so I drink them straight.

Slightly off topic :eek:fftopic: I've know that not every place makes a decent martini but some times I'm just mystified...in a family style restaurant (should have been my first clue) just outside of Scott Air Force Base I ordered my standard. After what seemed like an eternity the waiter came back with a martini with olives. I sent him back and he returned 10 min. or so later with a Gimlet. I mentioned the difference between a lemon twist and an onion and sent him back again only to have him return 10 minutes later with a martini with a lovely wedge of lemon garnish. At that point, I asked him what they had on tap and left it at that.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
My signature drink is one I make myself because most restaurants and bars cannot do it right: extra dry gin martini, Boodles or Seagrams extra-dry gin with Lime. Just a spritz of extra dry vermouth. Shaken with ice, served ice cold with a couple of olives and a caperberry in it, maybe some tiny slivers of ice in it.

karol

Jovan

Suspended
Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon-peel. Got it?

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
If I can get a decent one:
Mai Tai
Bring on the Tiki love :)

Otherwise, used to be:
Mojito

Now:
Classic Champagne Cocktail

Future endeavor:
You guys have sold me on the Sidecar idea. I'm going to try one next chance I get.

Jen

Feraud

Bartender
The Cocktail Who Wasn't There.

I usually walk into a bar, point to the guy next to me, and say, "I'll have what he's having.".
It makes life interesting.

Kim_B

Practically Family
Gimme a simple cranberry juice and vodka any day and I'll be a happy camper. I've also been known to drink wine on occasion, but I have trouble finding ones I like so I never order any...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto