Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

wildturkey8

Familiar Face
railroad detect said:
two pours of Knob Creek
dash of amaretto
two maraschino cheries
with ice

Must listen to Keely Smith or Julie London while partaking.

A friend told me about this drink. He calls it "The First Time I Slept With A Real Woman".

I must come up with a more suitible name.
Ah Knob Creek my favorite. Try it with a couple of dashes of aromatic bitters, muddled orange, and simple syrup. An Old Fashioned Whiskey Cocktail.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I have a few favorite drinks, since I don't go out much, my bartender is me, and of course I know what I want.

First Summer Drink: Hendricks Gin and Tonic with Cucumber.
Second Summer Lawn Mowing Drink: Two Buds with 1 can of Spicy V8.
Old Favorite: Jack and Coke
New Favorite: Rye Whiskey and Vernor's Ginger ale.

That last one's shaping up to be a problem. I've had a bottle of Jack for 3 years, and a bottle of Jim for 2, but the Sazerac's Rye lasted 2 weeks. [huh] Damn.

Later

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I read in a magazine about the Dark and Stormy, a summer drink I used to drink for Hurricane Season.

In a high ball glass filled with ice mix:
Spiced Rum (your choice, I prefer Captain Morgan's private stock)
Quality Ginger Beer (Stewarts is fair, but the odder and more natural the better)
A squirt of lime

Garnish with lime and your done.
It's a smooth drink, the Ginger Beer and the Rum mix well.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
I call this an Otter. (long story)

2oz gin
1/5oz dry vermouth (less if good gin)
2 dashes orange bitters
1 bar spoon full of capers
splash of caper brine

Pompidou

One Too Many
I was thinking of trying a tequila martini with an jalapeno pepper in place of an olive sometime. Same recipe as your other martinis - X and vermouth - just where X is tequila instead of gin or vodka. The jalapeno is just fitting. I guess there's a martini for pretty much every spirit you can think of, so it's not exactly original, but I've never seen one, and I've never seen a pepper garnish. I want a signature, and I wasn't fond enough of the tequila and kahlua combo to do it again.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
griffer said:
-Newcastle, tap only, not a cocktail

-Scotch, Laphroaig preferred Johnny in a pinch, black for winter, red for summer, with a twist, not a cocktail.

-A vaguely dirty Sapphire martini.

-Dreamsicle at the Velvet Dog in NOLA, when I am there.

God I miss the Velvet Dog. Corner of St. Peter and Bourbon, if I remember correctly...

rumblefish

One Too Many
I'm making my aviations now with Creme Yvette. What a difference! A much more pleasant tartness is added than when using Creme de Violet. The wife prefers the Creme de Violet,,, ;) good thing-it's cheaper:p
My signature this week.

cptjeff

Practically Family
One I recently came up with and am going to try and remember:

4 parts gin
1 part Benedictine
bitters
seltzer.

A long drink, but don't put too much seltzer in there. No name yet.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wild Turkey 101, tumbler, 3 cubes ice. Drink slowly, swish in mouth, let it burn, swallow.

Hey, if you can call a straight gin martini a "cocktail", I can call my whiskey in a glass a cocktail! ;)

But otherwise, I'll occasionally down a few Black Velvet and cokes when I want to start trouble. :eek:

Pompidou

One Too Many
Last week I ordered a Four Horsemen and got a double portion- 1/2 shot Jack Daniels, 1/2 Jim Beam, 1/2 Johnny Walker and 1/2 Jameson. It's supposed to be 1/4's. Loved it. Getting it every night out now. What to call it? Hmm. Having it on the rocks now. Better than warm. I like my drinks big, impressive and cold.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
I've got two 'usual' bars. One has a pretty limited selection and they always pour me a Dewar's on light rocks. The other is a bit more refined and they ask me if I'm drinking beer or Scotch. If beer, it's always a Duvel, I play around with my Scotch selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto