• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Your signature cocktail.

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Lady Day, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

That are the "basil-crush" or "basil-lemon-vodka"-cocktails.

2. Gin and tonic made with Old Bombay Sapphire Blue , tonic and a splash of real ginger ale and lime ! All the Best , Fashion Frank

MisterCairo likes this.
  3. Touchofevil likes this.
  4. The classic Rusty Nail!

5. SurfGent

SurfGent Suspended

In the Western portion of the U.S there's a chain of stores called. Beverages and More. Or known as Bevmo ! In there soda section they carry a COLA called. Puma COLA. A gourmet version of coke. Mix that with Jim beam black or regular Jack. For a outstanding better version of Jack and Coke. I say Jim beam black cause it's there 10 year old or something like that. And it's the same price as Jack but Jim beams higher end. So it upgrades the upgraded COLA

Touchofevil likes this.
  6. Steven180

Steven180 One of the Regulars

A Side Car...using Remy Martin and Triple Sec.

A close second is a very dry Aviation.

M.

7. Big fan of Sidecars, but have found as I've gotten older, my capacity to down them has decreased, sadly.

8. Bluefoam

Bluefoam New in Town

Tanqaray gin, ginger beer, two drops of tabasco sauce... Yum

9. Steven180

Steven180 One of the Regulars

True, true. For me they are a winter drink as they were designed for. They do pack a punch when made properly though...

M.

10. Zachary

Zachary Familiar Face

My favorite drink to start an evening with: Grasshopper.

Sweet, fruity, and mild.

11. Good choice Frank, but I got with Tanqueray.

12. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

In the 90s, I liked Coke and orange-juice 50/50. :D

13. Tinkuy

Tinkuy New in Town

My signature drinks are chilcano de pisco and pisco sour.

The chilcano is easier to make: get half ounce of lemon juice, two ounces of pisco and fill up the glass with ginger ale.
    Some people add a few drops of angostura bitters to their chilcanos. Not for me, thanks, but it is also an option.

14. dannyk

dannyk New in Town

Old Fashioned. 2-3oz Bulleit Bourbon. 1.5 oz of water or club soda-shaken with two ice cubes. 1 sugar cube or a packet of raw sugar, 3-4 dashes of Angostura Bitters-Muddled. Add in the bourbon and water or club soda mixture. Orange peel and a brandied or maraschino cherry. Of course that’s being all those ingredients available. I’ll gladly work with much less

15. redlinerobert

redlinerobert One of the Regulars

Grey goose and tonic. Also like a good paloma made with Don Julio reposado, squirt and limes..

16. PeterGunnLives

PeterGunnLives One of the Regulars

Mine would be an Old Fashioned, typically with a medium-shelf bourbon or rye; think Bulleit or Knob Creek.

dannyk likes this.
  17. dannyk

dannyk New in Town

I’m the same way. Bulleit works great for this. It’s not trash but not expensive. When you get the more expensive or more exotic whisky, bourbons, or ryes I think they are best on their own. Don’t want to lose their taste in the cocktail. If I’m buying like a 200+ dollar bottle it better be able to be drank straight.

PeterGunnLives likes this.