Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your usual suit?

Your most worn suit style?

• Single breasted: Two buttons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single breasted: Three buttons

• Single breasted: Three buttons rolled to second button

• Double breasted: Six buttons, two to close

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Double breasted: Four buttons, one to close

• Double breasted: Four buttons, two to close

• Total voters

Jovan

Suspended
Just wondering what people here wear most of the time. I see a lot of double breasteds, but wonder if anyone wears them a lot or just goes for a tried and true single breasted.

And... go.

EDIT: Dang, I wish I could edit polls. I forgot to include peaked lapel options for the single breasteds. :(

Marty M.

Vendor
DB's are alright with me.

Although I like a diversified wardrobe, I have more 6 on 2 double breasted Suits with 10" side vents and a ticket pocket then any other model. On Sport Coats I prefer single breasted 3 buttons. And Blazers I have more single breasted 2 buttons.
Marty Mathis

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
I always like'd the look of a double breasted, six button, variety. Though, sadly I don't own one so my most worn is the single breasted three button.

I really wish suits would come back more into everyday job-wear though, the clothing style of choice for the working man has become rather lax over the last few decades. Damn this new generation I find myself a part of.

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. The only times it's required to wear a suit anymore is for public presentations or meeting potential clients, etc. with businesses. That's kind of detrimental to the point of them though, since the new employees who don't have much experience wearing suits and ties and may not look their best when they finally do wear one.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
Just wondering what people here wear most of the time. I see a lot of double breasteds, but wonder if anyone wears them a lot or just goes for a tried and true single breasted.

And... go.

EDIT: Dang, I wish I could edit polls. I forgot to include peaked lapel options for the single breasteds. :(

I wear double breasted jackets almost exclusively nowadays...I also opt for double breasted suits when any event occurs (such as graduation)..

Cobden

Practically Family
I have a varied wardrobe, but my preferred option is three buttons rolled to the second button - largely because I like the look of two buttons, and it makes me look taller, but I alweays think that pure two buttons look like they have too few buttons...

Feraud

Bartender
Although not on the list I will add my most common look is a sports jacket, 2 button I figure.
I like the variety of combinations found by pairing one jacket with different pants.

StanleyVanBuren

I have four suits that I wear to work throughout the week:

Black SBPL 2btn
Navy w/ lavender pinstripe SBNL 2btn
Grey w/ light blue pinstripe SBPL 2btn
Cream Linen/Silk SBNL 2btn

So, all of the single breasted, two-button variety; two peak lapel and two notch lapel.

dnjan

One Too Many
In my opinion, DB and the higher button-number SB look better on people with more chest. Hence my choice of SB 2-button ... :(

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
By far and away, most of my suits are 3B singles, but I do have a pair of DB, one charcoal grey with faint pinstripe, and a black I wear on occassions. Most of my suits are singles, either in grey or blue. Superstitious that juries expected a prosecutor/DA to wear that, after watching Sam Waterson on Law and Order for so long. Had to dress to the part!

Watchmanjimg

New in Town
Funny you mention it, Chris . . .

I'm a lawyer myself, and I share your views on the importance of looking the part. I was seeking a late '50s-early '60s Ivy League style and found a great store in Buffalo, NY that hasn't changed much since, well, the late '50s or early '60s. I bought several Samuelsohn and H. Freeman suits in the low-roll 3B/plain front trouser style, and I'm very pleased with them. Accessorized with Alden loafers, Robert Talbott Best of Class tie, and a Gitman Bros. button-down I look as if I just walked off the set of The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, and for me that's not a bad thing. Although it may sound sacrilegious to some, I really prefer this look to my Canali, Zegna, and Oxxford suits (OK, maybe not the Oxxford).

Marty M.

Vendor
Oxxford #1.

Ah yes, Oxxford is still the best suit made (in my book). But the Asian producers are closing the gap.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points