Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your (vintage) Room

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Dorm
IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
tuppence said:
Oh so very beautiful Darling.
Have you got a pic of the dolls on the shelf and your drawings ?

Here are two of my drawing that are hanging in my room. As for the dolls I had a picture but I cant seem to find it. If i do I'll post it. Most of them are handmade dolls a friend of mine made and of some vintage art deco dolls.

FLart1.jpg

FLart2.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I've always meant to tell you how much I love your pictures of George and Elizabeth--I've noticed them in the background of your What Are You Wearing photographs for some time.

Dinerman said:

poetman

A-List Customer
vitanola said:
houseandart014.jpg

100_3247.jpg

100_3235.jpg

The back parlor, a confortable room with an easy chair, the radio at my right hand, and the Victrola at my left, with good light and plenty of books. Who could ask for more?

This furniture is stunning. What a place! Thanks for sharing.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
maggiethespy said:
I'm extremely jealous of your Prismacolor Marker collection. Mine is maybe 1/4 of that size. I do love my cool greyscale set (not much for the sepia ones).

I've never tried the markers, but I love the Prismacolor pencils (though I was bummed when they went from Berol to Sanford--they didn't seem to be as good).

Decayla

New in Town
My boudoir

It will look better once I get my black tufted headboard

2.jpg

rgfg.jpg

l_5d2dcdc3c0044494882a173d16acf42b.jpg

vanity.png

I am too broke to do anything with the bathroom area:(

brm.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

fdf.jpg

Decayla

New in Town
boudoir

Thank you sweetiestarr. I didnt want to go with purple but as I was looking for bedding I found the bed set and the lovely curtains and I was sold. I couldnt think of any color other than different shades of purple that would look good on the walls with the bedding and curtains.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Do you HUNT 50s, as well?

AtomicEraTom said:

Ummmm, Tom? I'm guessing you might just be...a hunter, judging by those two lids up on the mirror. Do any of it vintage style? Check out this thread, if you have'nt done so yet:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=40140

BTW: you're my new hero on the FL. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I'm 55...I JUST remember the 50s, and remember all of the 60s. Believe me: things were not all "great" back then, any more than they are now. You live in the best possible time--the only one that (for any number of reasons) allows loonies like us to do what we want to do: live in a couple of periods at once. I was JUST LIKE YOU at your age...although the period I was interested in was different.

It's hard: it's good you know what you like; it's good you have enough moxie to do it, no matter what the rest of 'em say. A word from your future, if you will :rolleyes: : you may not have many friends...but the ones you DO have will be worth having. Being your own person will scare away most folks...the ones that are drawn to you, or who are interested enough in what you do to want to find out more will be few--but they will be pre-selected as likely good friends.

Continue as you have begun! I'm quite sure I'm not the only one here who is rooting for you.

Sincerely,
"Skeet"

Skeet, first off, YOU MADE MY DAY! I was having a bad one and you just made it much better! I always wanted to hunt vintage, but haven't ever done so. Sadly, last year was my last year hunting. My father retired from hunting and I just don't enjoy it without him. But we are getting out gun store opened back up in our new town and I want to do a lot of displays, etc on tradition and vintage-style hunting.

Also, I know it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows in the 50's/60's. My dad grew up in that era in Milwaukee, and especially the great overlap of the cold war/civil rights movement. They had tanks driving in the street in front of the house and calls threating to firebomb the house as well. As well as all the great prejudices back then. There was a lot of bad, but I just feel that not only do I enjoy the style, but I like to reach to the moral fiber and the wholesomeness that the 50's represent in my mind. When a man kept his word, when you married someone and it actually was forever, you raised your kids to be honest and upstanding people, and actually cared what they did and didn't let them run wild. These are just things I've observed in my modern-day life that I don't like. I long for that world I guess.

I'm also very glad that you're rooting for me. And I am also glad to say at least here in Portage, people have been very accepting of me and my vintage lifestyle. When I first moved to town my Freshman year of high school, people thought I was an odd duck you know. Collared shirts, dress pants, a pompadour, just kinda stood out. But I have managed to become a 'legend' as my brother and sister put it. I have since graduated and they are still in the high school and they say that people talk about how much they actually liked that I did my own thing and had fun doing it. It's those comments that really get me by as well as many supportive friends not only at home, but now on this lovely site! Thank you so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points