Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zelda : The Magazine of the Vintage Nouveau

clubwitsend

Practically Family
3783430837_a7f3a15b90.jpg

Hello All!

In addition to running the Wit's End 20s/30s jazz age monthly event in NYC, I've taken on another project- a magazine! It's going to be launching this fall 2009, and will be called 'Zelda'!

A lot of the focus of the mag is going to be on pre-WWII lifestyle/culture/fashion/etc...and I think a lot of you loungers would love it! We have a facebook group started at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=110402567228&ref=nf ! Here's the info from there:

Coming Fall 2009, Zelda is a new publication for aficionados of early 20th century culture! Photography, fashion, arts, illustration, music, cocktails, social events, and special features : Zelda includes pieces on both vintage subjects as well as contemporary culture in the style of vintage.

Created by Diane Naegel, proprietress of Wit's End in NYC ( http://www.clubwitsend.com ) , Zelda will be published biannually and will launch in Fall 2009!

For inquires regarding advertising and submissions, please email diane@zeldamag.com

Stay tuned for updates on Zelda's progress, and visit us online at http://www.zeldamag.com !

If you have suggestions or ideas for fashion features, etc, I'd love to hear them...especially from the guys! Zelda won't just be about the ladies! ;)

K

kpreed

Good Luck!

I could not find any cost info on the site, but if I can do it I am in. It seems right up my ally. Best of luck with it.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
We're still in work on putting it all together, so the full site will be up in the next month or two :) Pop onto the mailing list, and we'll keep you updated!

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
kpreed said:
I could not find any cost info on the site, but if I can do it I am in. It seems right up my ally. Best of luck with it.

Same here. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, assuming I can afford it. ;)

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I tried subscribing to the mailing list, but got the following when I clicked the confirmation URL:

Form Submission Error
Unable to verify for subscription to this list.
This may be because you have already subscribed, or because the URL you used is malformed.
Please try to subscribe again.

And when I tried to re-subscribe, I was told:

Don't worry, skyvue@xxx.com is already on this list!

So am I all set, or do I need to take additional actions?

clubwitsend

Practically Family
skyvue said:
I tried subscribing to the mailing list, but got the following when I clicked the confirmation URL:

Form Submission Error
Unable to verify for subscription to this list.
This may be because you have already subscribed, or because the URL you used is malformed.
Please try to subscribe again.

And when I tried to re-subscribe, I was told:

Don't worry, skyvue@xxx.com is already on this list!

So am I all set, or do I need to take additional actions?

You're all set...I'll look into that...gotta love the fun coding stuff with the forms on the web! (I just set it up last night, and maybe I left out a period or something somewhere in the code)...

And to the price question, we're trying to keep both the retail price and the ad rates reasonable!! The mag will definitely retail for $7 or under. :)

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Sounds great! I'm going to sign up for updates. Good luck with that "web code" stuff - it's why I have a hammer next to my computer :eek:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The atmosphere at Club Wits End was subdued last night, as many of knew that she was in the hospital again. What a shock to find this out this morning. Only 31. Damned Damned cancer. Very very sad.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Yes, her absence was felt greatly at Wit's End last night, and now it will felt by so many for the coming days, weeks, months and years. I admired Diane for pursuing her passions so fully -- who else could oversee Zelda and Wit's End, in addition to her career responsibilities and, in recent months, her illness? Very few. She was a lovely person, with a great appreciation of all things vintage, which made her a kindred spirit to so many of us here.

May she rest in peace, and may the many of us who mourn her passing carry her passion, courage and positive attitude forward. She touched so many lives in a positive way; may we all do as much.

Nobert

Practically Family
I apologize for intruding, I am new here, and am unfamiliar with your friend, with Wit's End or Zelda magazine. I do know something of cancer, and of seeing people go through the sudden loss of a loved one. To those of you who knew and cared about her, I extend my feelings of condolence during a period that I know nothing can make entirely better. Best wishes and courage.

Cricket

Practically Family
I'm sorry that I was unable to meet this wonderful lady. Judging by past posts, Zelda, footage, etc. she was a remarkable person who touched the hearts of everyone she met. I know it must be true, cause she touched mine and I didn't even know her. My prayers are with her friends, family and fellow Loungers who had the honor of knowing this lady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana