Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zip up dress boots

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm 43 years old, and have never in my entire life considered buying a pair of dress boots with zip-up sides, until today. They're like slip on dress shoes, only taller. One of my dad's friends used to wear them in the early 70s and I always thought they were tacky, but I saw a pair at Goodwill today and I thought of several situations where I'd wear them. Am I getting old, or losing it altogether? What are your thoughts on them?

storman113

Familiar Face
I'm 62 and still consider them tacky! So that means you're getting old and losing it!!!lol

But! The bottom line is always wear what YOU want!

storman113

Familiar Face
I do have to admit, when I got out of the Navy in 71', I wore some zip up brown boots with bell bottoms plaid pants and polyester shirts!! I thought I was hot stuff, but I was lucky that I soon realized what I looked like! It took one chick to look me up and down and ask, "have you ever looked in a mirror?"

I now realize that at the time I was one step from white slip on shoe's and a pastel leisure suit!!!:eek:

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm 55 and have never been without a pair - or two since High School. I saw the Dino, Desi and Billy LP 'I'm A Fool'
in 1965 and decided when I grow up I'm going to wear boots like Dino. I've never been without a pair and now I have four pair
that I wear regularly - in black, brown, and cordovan. Say what you will - I'm a boot man - "no ordinary Joe!"

TheBootMan.jpg

-dixon 'boots' cannon

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112