Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zipper preference to replace Talon on Vanson Jacket

This has been bothering me for 2 weeks now. How the hell could I get these marks and the finish removed on the left wrist? Then it came to me.....I was out ridin' a couple weeks ago and stopped at a trendy coffee shop. I took the coffee outside and while I was drinking it and hanging around ( looking real cool ) I decided to take some pics. I hung my new Model B over the end of the handlebars not realizing the wrist was touching the HOT PIPES!!...... SUCKS!!!
Not much can be done there but hey it adds character! I burnt up some sleeves that way myself. Hazard of the hobby.

The Vanson branded two-way zip on my Vanson simply sucks. Possibly the most dysfunctional zip ever. Someone here said it eases up so it's not a definitive suck. But it just doesn't slide.
It took about a month for mine to ease up. If you rub some bar soap on it it will slide easier too.

This has been bothering me for 2 weeks now. How the hell could I get these marks and the finish removed on the left wrist? Then it came to me.....I was out ridin' a couple weeks ago and stopped at a trendy coffee shop. I took the coffee outside and while I was drinking it and hanging around ( looking real cool ) I decided to take some pics. I hung my new Model B over the end of the handlebars not realizing the wrist was touching the HOT PIPES!!...... SUCKS!!!

I casually threw one of my jackets over the handlebars of an old Moto Guzzi which I took for a test ride, and even though I wasn't going very fast at all and just did a couple of circles, the front wheel sanded the sleeve cuff. It happens, I guess.
Good thing is you can get the finish back on easily.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I had a Talon fail in a month, i have also have some that are still going strong and are nice.
I have one Riri and it is very smooth, i really like it. It does sound a bit different and not as nice as the Talon, but is smoother.
I have a Hookless zipper and it feels great, don't have a problem using it and it is probably the smoothest of all my zippers.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I casually threw one of my jackets over the handlebars of an old Moto Guzzi which I took for a test ride, and even though I wasn't going very fast at all and just did a couple of circles, the front wheel sanded the sleeve cuff. It happens, I guess.
Good thing is you can get the finish back on easily.
Yup, another nick, scratch or whatever.........sometimes i'm my own worst enemy. Getting the finish back on would ease the pain somewhat, how is it done?

Yup, another nick, scratch or whatever.........sometimes i'm my own worst enemy. Getting the finish back on would ease the pain somewhat, how is it done?
Vanson could do it. Look at it this way. It could be worse. I once broke down and in looking under the oil bag planted my forehead on my front cylinders pipe. Left a giant pepperoni sized burn right on my forehead. Hard to explain that one, especially as it scabed over! I eventually said "don't ask, I'm just a dumb ass"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points