Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zombies arrested, zombies sue.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
zombies...there goes the neighborhood.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S20211.html
Jones_Jamie_Lee.jpg

Zombies arrested in downtown Minneapolis
(July 25)

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A group of zombies have risen up to claim the city of Minneapolis and Hennepin County violated their free rights and discriminated against them.

The six adults and one juvenile who were arrested while impersonating the undead in July filed their lawsuit Thursday.

The ragged group were arrested for "simulating weapons of mass destruction" during a dance party near the Minneapolis entertainment district.

Police alleged that wires protruding from the zombie's backpacks could have been bombs or were meant to imitate bombs. It was later learned the wires were actually radios.

The adult zombies were jailed for two days before police and city attorneys said there was not enough evidence to charge them.

The lawsuit claims the zombie event was intended to "satirize contemporary commercial culture" and the arrests violated the partygoers rights to free speech.

City officials did not return a call to the St. Paul Pioneer Press seeking comment on Wednesday. City offices were closed on Thanksgiving.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

TM

A-List Customer
"The ragged group were arrested for "simulating weapons of mass destruction" during a dance party"

I'd like to read the transcripts of the hearings when that ordinence was adopted!

Tony

Phil

A-List Customer
This goes back to the other threat about perople being overly scared about everything. This actually tempts me to walk around with a backpack full of wires and clocks.

Feraud

Bartender
Phil said:
This goes back to the other threat about perople being overly scared about everything. This actually tempts me to walk around with a backpack full of wires and clocks.
I would not put my life on the line to make a point about the paranoia of society. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points