Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10.000 BC

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The trailer got stuck about 1/3 through but I'd watch that kinda stuff. I believe the average person will figure it's too much like the Discover Channel though.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Saw only a portion of the trailer. Same problem as described above. Can't relate to super-models in animal skins pretending to be cave-dwellers.

My money is on the sabre-tooth on the poster, though. lol

mike

Call Me a Cab
Ziggurats and pyramids in 10,000 B.C.? Anyone know the concept for this movie?! Is this supposed to be a glimpse into the past in the mainstream science/history vein or some sort of conspiracy-ish theory involving Lemuria and Atlantis!?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kenji said:
Nothing can compare to "Quest for Fire." Genius. I'll definitely see it, though. My kind of film.

I was gonna mention Quest for Fire too! This film (which I saw the whole trailer for) the people have language and a civilization all set up. A rather advanced one too, which makes me wonder why the unsewn animal skins...

LD

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
Ziggurats and pyramids in 10,000 B.C.? Anyone know the concept for this movie?! Is this supposed to be a glimpse into the past in the mainstream science/history vein or some sort of conspiracy-ish theory involving Lemuria and Atlantis!?

I think they're going for more the "there was an age undreamed of" now-unknown-civilization route of the Conan mythos. It looks terribly derivative and silly... I predict lousy reviews, poor business, and a quick DVD release.

Twitch

Saw previews on TV last night. Well certainly if we're at 12,000 years ago we have Cro-Magnon Homo Sapiens who for the great majority did not dwell in caves. The whole thing about them is the fact that they were far more nomadic than Neanderthals. They were on the move. The midochondrial DNA says there were few Homo Sapiens at that time. Something bottlenecked the population of the world about then.

It was when the last ice age was over and glaciers were retreating. This era also places it at the time when Atlantis' final landmass sank beneath the ocean so that might have some part in the story- hence large buildings. Who knows?

If it is supossed to relate to any other thing of 12,000 years ago we know it was a time before cities, towns or more than nomadic settlements for a few dozen people. There was no agriculture or domestication of animals yet. There were no real buildings either.

People were still trekking around wondering where to go and what they were going to do.

The sysnopsis of the movie shows it is all Hollywood fantasy and fiction.

Dr Doran

kenji said:
Nothing can compare to "Quest for Fire." Genius. I'll definitely see it, though. My kind of film.

Loved that one. The end, when they are looking up at the moon and the camera pulls back and she is pregnant ... absolutely breathtaking, one of the most beautiful moments in my personal cinema history.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
10.000 B.C.

I saw the 10.000 B.C.trailer on Friday in Mammut 2 shopping mall Budapest before AVP 2 - which definitely sucked.

The film profits from the technology applied in Discovery Channel http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/landofmammoth/eyecandy/intro.html to show http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_megafauna Patagonian terror Birds, North American Smilodon and Saharan deserts - which were fertile at those times- those poor wooly Mammoths workin' on the chain -or shouldn't they be Mastodons to be PC paleontologically correct- we see the American megafauna resurrected plus http://en.wikipedia.org/waiki/Atlantis inserted.
Hunter-gatherers meeting Atlantis. The 10.000 B.C. battle scenes are déjá vu from the Stargate/Mummy/Scorpion King/Troja trailers - spectacular stuff, excellent special effects and animations assembled together.
Whether this cocktail will work out?

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
10,000 BC

Well I went to go see this movie today and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised! While yes there are major problems with historical fact but then again just watch the movie to watch a decent movie. If you are looking for a fun movie to go see I'd strongly recommend it. If you havn't heard much about it the basic story is, girl and boy fall in love, girl and others from their village are taken by "demons", boy tracks them to try and rescue all of his friends.

Also every movie they showed in the previews are ones I want to see. Oh and seeing the Iron Man preview on the big screen was very cool.

Vintage Betty

My local newspaper reviewed this movie, and proceeded to rake the movie over the coals for every single major historical inaccuracy.

It was so uproariously ludicrous, I plan on seeing it, just for the fun and to count how many mistakes I can find. :D

Vintage Betty

mike

Call Me a Cab
I like the fact that it's the director of Day After Tomorrow. Not because that film was quality, but it was (atleast somewhat) written by Art Bell, of conspiracy radio fame. It seems the director likes working with themes Art Bell covers, so if this film touches on Atlantean/Edward Casey/Zacharia Sitchin concepts, well that's pretty cool even if it's still just a big budget crap modern hollywood film! :)

RIOT

Practically Family
Tic'Tic

I saw this movie yesterday. It wasn't bad at all. Yes, there were tons of inaccuracy in the movie, like the terror birds and such. The story was interesting, but nothing spectacular. Nice cinematic visuals though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto