100% beaver Signes fedora

Discussion in 'Hats' started by eduardo75, Jan 10, 2013.

1. eduardo75

eduardo75 New in Town

2. Mulceber

Mulceber Practically Family

Beaver felt isn't really that hard to get and that price isn't astonishing.

As to what I think of the hat, I think for just a little bit more than that price, you could get a 100% beaver felt hat from one of the custom hatters that frequent the lounge. TonyB of Tumwater in particular sells custom beaver felt hats for a base price of $275.00. Art Fawcett would be about $100 more expensive. Those are just two, although I believe at this point TonyB's prices are the cheapest. I'd shop around. -M

3. The Gentleman

The Gentleman New in Town

Definitely expensive, but those sure are beautiful hats. Pretty unusual, too, I would think, and probably long lasting. I would love to get one.

4. fedoralover

fedoralover Call Me a Cab

Mike Miller at Northwesthats.com will do a 100% beaver felt, totally custom for $200. I've seen his work and you are getting far more than you are paying for.

fedoralover

5. mikespens

mikespens Call Me a Cab

I bought one and returned it. It's a very nice factory hat but the crown was too low for me allowing the top of my head to contact the tip of the crown. While it's a perfectly fine hat if it fits you properly I would agree with Mulceber that your money would be better spent ordering a hat from tonyb for the same money:

http://tumwaterhat.com/index.html

6. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I’ll Lock Up.

I have to agree. Actually if you cannot find something nice on eBay or even here on the Fedora Lounge classifieds, it would be a very wise choice to spend that much on a Custom hat.

7. Rogera

Rogera My Mail is Forwarded Here

Go custom!! You will like the finish and the hand crease MUCH more (IMHO)

8. Altiori

Altiori Familiar Face

Greetings. I recognize this is an old thread but my Signes Beaver Fedora is new...purchased in Barcelona at Sombreria Obach about two weeks ago...I am loving it...it’s a fine hat...not custom but a very, very fine hat. Hope you bought it and are enjoying it.

RBH and deadlyhandsome like this.