Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100% beaver Signes fedora

Mulceber

Practically Family
Beaver felt isn't really that hard to get and that price isn't astonishing.

As to what I think of the hat, I think for just a little bit more than that price, you could get a 100% beaver felt hat from one of the custom hatters that frequent the lounge. TonyB of Tumwater in particular sells custom beaver felt hats for a base price of $275.00. Art Fawcett would be about $100 more expensive. Those are just two, although I believe at this point TonyB's prices are the cheapest. I'd shop around. -M

The Gentleman

New in Town
Definitely expensive, but those sure are beautiful hats. Pretty unusual, too, I would think, and probably long lasting. I would love to get one.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Mike Miller at Northwesthats.com will do a 100% beaver felt, totally custom for $200. I've seen his work and you are getting far more than you are paying for.

fedoralover

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I bought one and returned it. It's a very nice factory hat but the crown was too low for me allowing the top of my head to contact the tip of the crown. While it's a perfectly fine hat if it fits you properly I would agree with Mulceber that your money would be better spent ordering a hat from tonyb for the same money:

http://tumwaterhat.com/index.html

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have to agree. Actually if you cannot find something nice on eBay or even here on the Fedora Lounge classifieds, it would be a very wise choice to spend that much on a Custom hat.

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Hello, I want to know your opinion of this hat:

http://www.villagehatshop.com/signes-beaver-fur-felt-fedora-hat.html

As you see, is a classic Spanish brand, and it says to be 100% beaver felt... how can this be posible with that great (low) price (270$)?

Any opinions?

Thanx in advanced.

Greetings. I recognize this is an old thread but my Signes Beaver Fedora is new...purchased in Barcelona at Sombreria Obach about two weeks ago...I am loving it...it’s a fine hat...not custom but a very, very fine hat. Hope you bought it and are enjoying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points