Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$160 - Whippet Style Stetson Nutria Fedora $200

John Galt

Vendor
Rare item. I'm dating it to mid-late 1940's and I think I'm right about the time frame. It's got a reed.

I love this hat but I'm selling it to buy something I covet more. I will sell it for $160.00 to be instantly paid by paypal in the next 24 hours. I will not wait for a sale to clear - I need a real payment via paypal. It does me no good to do a fire sale if I am paid a month later.

If you are interested, please make a reasonable offer and I'll consider it.

The sweat is shot.

For an additional $20, I will have a high quality leather sweatband installed.

Sizes at about 6 7/8- almost 7 with two different sizing compasses, but the sweat is broken, and it fits my 7-7 1/8 head.

For $200, I could re-block it and upsize it a size or two - it's got a full 3" brim so there is room, and I have the tools, vintage ribbon, etc.

If it does not sell and I miss the opportunity I'm vying for, I'll fix it someday and return it to my collection.

Please see pics. It's got some mothing, but not that deep. The thread on the brim binding is rotten in a couple of spots.
yquzeved.jpg
puzuny4u.jpg
uvevu4y2.jpg
ymysenyz.jpg
eqe2e5ed.jpg
ta2eqyhy.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21