Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$182?!?!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
This suit was sold for $182?! Just a couple of weeks ago a beltback coat alone went for +$130.
68_3.JPG

7f_3.JPG

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This same suit was offered on German eBay (www.ebay.de) a few short months ago.

For decades, the Germans favored a scalloped yoke on the backs of their country/shooting suit jackets and leather coats. Americans tend to associate this yoke with western/cowboy wear; hence, it's not so favored by the "Savile Row" vintage crowd.

In short, this type of suit was probably not so attractive to vintage-wearing Americans, who are heavily into details. That may be why it sold for such a paltry sum.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I had an option on that suit before it went on eBay.de-

It's kind of cool but it's just a little weird and has more than a little damage.
The fit and proportion are just a bit off- enough to make me not buy it.
I like those styles and their features but not this one.

B
T

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
For decades, the Germans favored a scalloped yoke on the backs of their country/shooting suit jackets and leather coats. Americans tend to associate this yoke with western/cowboy wear; hence, it's not so favored by the "Savile Row" vintage crowd.

In short, this type of suit was probably not so attractive to vintage-wearing Americans, who are heavily into details. That may be why it sold for such a paltry sum.

That makes sense.

Jay

Practically Family
I dig the scalloped yokes and pleats on the back and on the front pockets, but the breast pocket is kind of over-kill. I mean a pleat would be cool, but the flap prevents a pocket square from going there.
I think this is post number 100, too. It's about time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn