Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's Marathon Black Velour UPBRIM fedora SZ 7 1/4

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale is a REALLY neat 1920's J. C. Penny's Marathon UPBRIM Velour fedora in size 7 1/4. This hat has a "United Hatters of North America" stamp which definitely dates it to pre-1934, but stylistically it appears to be from the 20's. By the 30's, wide 2 1/4 inch ribbons and UPBRIM styled brims were out of fashion. Paired with the taped rear sweatband seam, first generation Marathon sweatband stamp, and old style size tag, makes me believe it's 1920's. These first generation Marathons are very rare and this one is in pretty nice shape. The ribbon looks a bit worn, but is still pretty nice. Overall the felt on this hat is very nice as well with only a few moth bites on the underside of the brim. Nothing too bad and they are not very noticeable because of the black color. This hat is pitch black but looks lighter due to the flash on my camera.

The measurements are as follows:

Brim: 2 3/8 Inches Wide

Open Crown: 5 3/4 - 6 Inches Tall

Ribbon Height: 2 1/4 Inches Wide

Sweatband Circumference: 7 7/8 x 6 7/8 (23.2 inches in circumference) SIZE 7 1/4

I am asking $160 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

IF THERE IS NO INTEREST TODAY, ITS GOING ON EBAY TOMORROW.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Its been relisted. Couldn't even break $100 bucks. Just unreal. Should have put "whippet" in the title.....

It's in fixed auction format now. Make me an offer.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
If I had the funds I'd be all over this beauty for sure
Thanks, Justin. If it fit me, I would keep it. I posted it on the Lounge for a very good and low price, but no interest was sparked. I think from now on every hat I have to sell is going strait to eBay. I am not going to offer it here first anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran