Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s Tweed Shooting Day

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Great stuff Dan!

Here's a repost of the last time I got on my tweed shooting suit and my vintage French SxS just so I can join the fun vicariously
405997791.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, I love continental guild guns as well. I have a buddy who runs a gunshop in France and I've picked up most of my double guns there. When the Euro was lower in value I got some great deals.

394533674.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
In late on this but... we have a vintage society in Philadephia? This seems like great fun, and I'd love to get involved.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
There's really something special about seeing so many people clad from head to toe in 'tweed.' I have been fly fishing since I was a little girl and I still wear tweed Plus Fours and jacket. My waterproof is an old ventile one so it doesn't rustle, too much. So to see so many people in these photographs in 'old style' country house wear, it just warms my heart.

tommyK

One Too Many
Please announce any future events, would love to join in if I could. Shooting or fly fishing, that is. I've been thinking about a vintage fly fishing rod for a while. This just gives me the push to finally get it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner