Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1926 suit for sale

metropd

One Too Many
Hi, I am selling off All my suits and Almost of my fedoras. first off. DB Suit from 1926

$650
size 34-36s
4x2 Double Breasted.
Peak lapel
ne8383.jpg

1920s2-1.jpg

1920s2.jpg

1920s1-1-1.jpg

metropd

One Too Many
KittyVonKirsche said:
OH!!! :eek: My husband is looking for a suit and thats just his size. Would look wonderful on him! I dont suppose you'd take a quarter of the asking price? ;)

This is bespoke suit from 1926 with the date in the inside in MINT condition. Give it some time, I am Flexible, especially flexible if it goes to a good home.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just a note: Keep in mind all you have learned here about the scarcity/value ratio. You have been able to find GREAT deadstock suits and hats for prices that make the rest of us envious, but you have been able to do so because you need a size that was smaller than the average then, as now, so the items remained unsold and became today's amazing NOS treasures. But they are still very small sizes, and the market for them is even more limited now than when they were new. A deadstock dated 1926 suit in pristine condition in a size 42 or higher, or even a 40, might fetch $300 or more. A 34-36s? Not so much.

I offer this with great respect - but I am writing what 10,000 of your dear friends are thinking.

I hope you get good prices for all of it. You should, and you deserve to turn your collection for a profit.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Absolutely concur with the above sentiments.

You have a wonderful collection of suits that always look pristine on you ;) But don't be 'too disappointed' 'if' you have to settle for less than your initial asking price, (especially in today's finanical climate) as you are an enviable 'smaller' size to many of us (oh and how we WISH we were a 34 or 36S to bag such wonderful suits in such pristine condition), and so the market may be a tad smaller too ;) .

I really wish you all the best in selling your suits and re-investing in the custom/bespoke of your dreams :) And whoever gets these gems of yours will know they come from one of our most reputable and well dressed members!

metropd

One Too Many
I think after all I'm gonna keep this one.:eusa_doh: It is truly a one of a kind. Since my birthday is coming up I won't have to worry too much about money for custom suits.;)

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally, you came round! :eusa_clap

metropd said:
I think after all I'm gonna keep this one.:eusa_doh: It is truly a one of a kind. Since my birthday is coming up I won't have to worry too much about money for custom suits.;)

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
LOL no kidding...

I went through the same thing with a car, got all PO'd one day and decided to sell my Mach1 to buy a Jag. Well, I was glad I didn't! I think you'll see down the line that changing your mind was a decent idea. You can always get a custom suit, you can never bring back 1926.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy