Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Dobbs.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey guys, I know that I hardly ever talk about fedoras much (Even though I do ware them) I just wanted to share my latest hat! I got it at the last Vintage show in Santa Monica. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a tan Dobbs with a brown ribbon! It is near mint condition! Came with the original box that is in superb shape as well!

This hat is I would say mid to late 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. I know that the crown isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t as high as most you see in 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s movies but, you can tell that it is an early Dobbs.

This hat has that nice profile to it and also it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s the very first original hat that I found with a raw edge! So, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll post some photos of it and let you all see!

Cheers.

PS. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll ware it to the BBQ.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yep! 7 3/8 is the size! Oh so sorry, I don't think this will ever tire me! Funny, I do ware a 7 1/4 and this fits me! It is just a little big, not mutch. Has a nice fit though. I can ware this and it feels like I don't have a hat on at all!!! Glad you like.

Cheers.

Fedora

Vendor
Great! I love that hat. It sure looks better than most Dobbs hats that I have seen on ebay. This one actually looks like a real hat. :D Might even be some of the mercury felt, if it is from the 30's. Fedora

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey Fedora! Glad you like. I found this at the last vintage expo in Santa Monica and it was priced at $90.00. I had a Stetson homburg that I never wear and the dealer thought it a good trade.

So, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m planning on leaving it like this. Open crown and just as 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s as it can get! A vintage raw edge is so rare and I plan on taking the best care of this little gem!

Yeah, pretty sure that it was finished with mercury and that is why it is so soft! Oh so soft.

I just can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get over how clean the inside is! It looks like new!

Any way, thanks again.

havershaw

Practically Family
That's a real gem you've got there. I can't get over how cool the liner is. I've nver seen a Dobbs with a liner like that.

You got a good break, pal.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah, nether have I! That's why I'm almost sure that it's a 30's one.

I wore this last Saturday to a dance and got nothing but complements! I really like the color on this one because I have a lot of brown vintage to go with.

Cheers for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic