Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's Horsehide Aviator Jacket from our Friends in Japan

willyto

One Too Many
Only thing I do not like is the colour. Brown for me wins in this style.

It is quite long though.

The fit is super generous. I'm a 40 and going by the measurements I would have to pick a 36.

Some fit pics would be really nice. I'll be watching! These are the most encouraging fit numbers I've ever seen coming from the land of the rising sun. This jacket has my full attention. Looking forward to your update Charles.

Last edited:

K-Pants

One of the Regulars
Indeed, one of the cooler cross zip configs I have seen, and I have looked through quite a few. There is a lot going on in the design but somehow it doesn't seem too busy. it gives good symmetry, even for a cross zip.

Mark

Practically Family
Not to my taste. Looks out of proportion too, busy up top and empty below! The colour is nice though.

willyto

One Too Many
Not working forme either Charles.

It is way too long for the style in my opinion but as you say the measurements chart might be wrong when it comes to sizes by chest. Lenght is an issue though.

I wasn't going to buy it because black is not my colour and if it was there's plenty of vintage around but the lenght would be a dealbreaker if I would have been a potential customer in the first place.

A-1

One Too Many
Tooooooooo loooooooooooong in my opinion. Looks off to me. Unique, yeah, that’s true.

The length issue is probably exacerbated by the narrow build of the model and the camera angle of the shot... A broad shouldered individual would probably lose a good inch of that length and better fill out the jackets proportions. I would volunteer myself but alas...money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto